Vanguard is a leading mutual fund company.
Vanguard is best known for its index mutual funds. Vanguard 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) can be regarded as the best known S&P 500 index fund. However, the company has expanded to offer numerous other funds including sector funds, bond funds, and exchange traded funds.
Vanguard continues to emphasize low costs to the investor. It is famous for the lowest expense ratios.
Related Fool Discussion Boards
Post your questions on Motley Fool's "Mutual Funds" board. []
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Things You Can Do That Wall Street Can?t
- An Overlooked Income ETF That Could Be a Big Winner
- 1 Big Reason Lousy Funds Still Linger in Your 401(k)
- The Best Places to Keep Your Money in a Zombie Apocalypse
- Simple Retirement Investments: Are They Right for You?
- A Closer Look at the Fourth-Quarter Results From Vanguard Natural Resources LLC