Wendy's/Arby's Group International (NYSE: WEN) is primarily engaged in the business of operating, developing and franchising a system of distinctive quick-service restaurants serving high quality food.
Wendy’s/Arby’s is the parent company of Wendy’s and Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. (“ARG”), which are the owners and franchisors of the Wendy’s® and Arby’s® restaurant systems, respectively. They currently manage and internally report their operations as two business segments: the operation and franchising of Wendy’s restaurants and the operation and franchising of Arby’s restaurants. As of March 29, 2009, the Wendy’s restaurant system was comprised of 6,623 restaurants, of which 1,399 were owned and operated by the Company. As of March 29, 2009, the Arby’s restaurant system was comprised of 3,741 restaurants, of which 1,171 were owned and operated by the Company. All 2,570 Wendy’s and Arby’s Company-owned restaurants are located principally in the United States and to a lesser extent in Canada.
Source: Wendy's/Arby's Group, Inc. May 7th, 2009 10-Q
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Shake Shack Really Worth More Than Wendy's?
- Can You Guess Which Fast-Food Chain Is America's Favorite? (Hint: It's Definitely Not McDonald's)
- When It Comes to Fast Food Restaurants, This Company Remains America's Favorite
- Why The Wendy's Company (WEN) Shares Were Too Hot to Handle This Morning
- Why Wendys Co Is Flying While McDonald's Corporation Is Dying