Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) is a bank headquartered in California.
Established in 1852, Wells Fargo has grown from a gold rush service enterprise, ferrying goods and people across the United States on horse drawn wagons, into a financial services company with over 80 business lines and retail banking stores in 23 states, most of them west of the Mississippi. The company's website  has detailed information on its business lines and sales distribution.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wells Fargo Third-Quarter Earnings Preview: 5 Things to Watch
- America's Most Prolific Corporate Donors
- Reynolds American, Keurig, and Comcast Move to Shore Up Future Opportunities
- The Financial Crisis' Final Hurrah Will Cost Bank of America Billions
- 3 Charts About BB&T's Dividend
- Get Pumped (and Educated) About Bank Earnings