Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why K12 Inc. Shares Moved to the Head of the Class Today
- Colgate-Palmolive Company Earnings: Strong Organic Sales Boost Shares
- What's on Tap When Activision Blizzard Inc. Reports Next Week?
- Qiagen NV Looks To the Future
- ConocoPhillips Earnings: Brutal Oil Market Cuts Deep into Profits
- Phillips 66 Earnings: All Big Oil Isn't the Same