Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Pandora Leads Streaming Services, but Does That Matter?
- Dow Drops 67 Points on a Momentum-Crushing Day; Why Goldman, JPMorgan Should Worry
- Why Salesforce.com May Be a House of Cards
- Why Juniper Networks, Pioneer Natural Resources, and Johnson Controls Are Today's 3 Worst Stocks
- McDonald's Can't Save the Dow As China Fears Spook Market
- Diamond Foods Sparkles Amid Upbeat Earnings Report