Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Has Gilead Sciences, Inc.'s Star Drug Already Peaked?
- 3 Surprising Ways lululemon athletica is Driving Sales Growth Today
- 5 Things That Marijuana Stock GW Pharmaceuticals plc's Management Wants You To Know
- Why Repros Therapeutics Inc. Stock Rocketed Higher
- 3 Reasons Corning Incorporated's Stock Could Rise
- Why Valero Energy Corporation Stock Has Fallen Behind in 2014