Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Scary Stocks to Avoid
- Why Shares of Aegerion Phaemaceuticals, Inc. Were Obliterated Today
- Why MercadoLibre Inc.'s Shares Skyrocketed
- 3 Things to Watch When LeapFrog Enterprises Inc. Reports Earnings
- Qiagen NV Growth Prospects Offset Sagging HPV Test Demand
- Why JPMorgan Chase & Co. Stock Is Flat This Year