Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks to Get on Your Watchlist
- Earnings Preview: Plug Power's Make or Break Quarter
- This Department Store Looks Like a Buying Opportunity
- Why Motorola Solutions Inc. Shares Slipped Today
- Another Skeleton Begins to Emerge From Hiding in Chesapeake Energy?s Closet
- How Bank of America Can Regain Its Pre-Crisis Glory