Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Despite Massive Setbacks in China, Qualcomm Still Benefits
- Buffalo Wild Wings Stock Takes a Dive Despite Quarter Boosted by World Cup
- Olive Garden: Unlimited Breadsticks, Unlimited Problems
- The Airline Industry: Investing Essentials
- Twitter Stock: Strong Results Catapult Social Media Stocks Higher
- How GM Will Fight Back Against Ford's Radical 2015 F-150