Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Apple, D.R. Horton, and VASCO Data Security International Jumped Today
- Under Nadella, Microsoft Is Finding Its Mojo
- Bank of America?s Latest Settlement Could Wipe Out All of This Year?s Earnings (and Then Some)
- Why Xilinx Inc., Biogen Idec Inc., and Qualcomm Incorporated Are Today?s 3 Worst Stocks
- Microsoft Corporation Crushes Fourth-Quarter Earnings Targets; Shares Rise
- Polaris Industries Sales Soar, but This Stock Is Still No Harley-Davidson