Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wall Street's Crazy Idea for Staples and Office Depot
- What Activision Blizzard Investors Need to Know in October
- Google's Nexus 9 Could Be the First Tablet to Truly Challenge Apple's iPad Air
- Why Ebola Vaccine Makers' Stocks Soared
- Did Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Get Left Out in the M&A Cold?
- The Complete List: Bank of America's Legal Fines and Settlements Since 2008