Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Buy PNC Financial Services Group Stock?
- Why Amgen Inc.'s Stock Is up 23% in 2014
- Facebook's New Trick Can Make You Rich
- 3 Reasons General Motors Company Stock Could Rise
- 5 Things Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Why Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc. Stock Is Skyrocketing Today