Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does Bank of America Still Owe Taxpayers Billions of Dollars?
- 5 of Last Week's Biggest Winners
- 5 of Last Week's Biggest Losers
- The Most Troubling Thing About Bank of America?s Earnings
- Johnson & Johnson's Headache-Fixing Earnings, Mattel's Un-Fun Earnings, and Why Stocks Popped All We
- This 1 Figure Could Keep the Stock Market From Reaching New Highs