Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Surprising Way Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Is Trying to Win Online Shoppers
- Would You Block Online Ads Just to Make Your Internet Company More Money?
- 1 More Advantage Apple Pay Has Over The Competition
- 3 Stocks I'll Buy if the Market Crashes
- The Coca-Cola Company Earnings Preview: Three Key Items to Watch
- How Low Can Oil Prices Go?