Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- ImmunoGen, Inc. Pushes Forward
- 3 Reasons Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s Stock Could Tumble
- Why Wells Fargo & Co.'s Stock Is Up 12% This Year
- Lorillard Inc. Earnings: Higher Prices, Lower Volumes, Sinking E-Cig Share
- Why Amazon.com, Inc. Shares Were Pummeled Today
- Procter & Gamble Co. Earnings: Cashing Out of the Battery Business