Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Sierra Wireless Inc. Finds More Risk Than Reward in the Internet of Things
- Even After a Dismal Earnings Report, Whole Foods Market, Inc. Is Stronger Than You Think
- Trex Co. Inc.: Mr. Market Sees Weak Guidance, but There's a Bigger Picture
- Apple Earnings: Who Missed What?
- Will Walt Disney Co. Prove This Wall Street Pro Right?
- Is Potbelly Corp Finally A Buy At Its Original IPO Price?