Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Solar Behemoth May be Growing Right Under Our Noses
- Intel Outs Cherry Trail as Atom x5 and Atom x7: Here?s What You Need to Know
- Why Exelixis, Inc. Shares Skyrocketed 57% in February
- Apple Inc.'s Rumored Car -- 4 Reasons I?m Not Buying The Hype
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc.'s Price Target Was Slashed By 27% -- Time to Panic?
- Did Samsung?s Galaxy S6 Lose Its Biggest Advantage?