Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Healthways Inc. Stock Popped
- Should EMC Corporation Actually Sell its Massive VMware Stake?
- Why VASCO Data Security International, Inc. Stock Soared
- Thursday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)
- Comic-Con 2014: Will Disney and Time Warner Continue to Cash In?
- Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Drop to 2006 Levels