Vanguard is a leading mutual fund company.
Vanguard is best known for its index mutual funds. Vanguard 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) can be regarded as the best known S&P 500 index fund. However, the company has expanded to offer numerous other funds including sector funds, bond funds, and exchange traded funds.
Vanguard continues to emphasize low costs to the investor. It is famous for the lowest expense ratios.
Related Fool Discussion Boards
Post your questions on Motley Fool's "Mutual Funds" board. []
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did S&P Just Guarantee a Holiday Rally For Facebook's Stock?
- Hospital Management Consolidation a Concern for Investors
- Buy, Hold, or Sell Amazon Now?
- 10 Famous Investment Quotes and What We Can Learn From Them
- Your Portfolio in 2013: 3 Reasons You're Probably Trailing the S&P 500
- How ETFs Work: A Simple Guide