Vanguard is a leading mutual fund company.
Vanguard is best known for its index mutual funds. Vanguard 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) can be regarded as the best known S&P 500 index fund. However, the company has expanded to offer numerous other funds including sector funds, bond funds, and exchange traded funds.
Vanguard continues to emphasize low costs to the investor. It is famous for the lowest expense ratios.
Related Fool Discussion Boards
Post your questions on Motley Fool's "Mutual Funds" board. []
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Better Buy: Fidelity Select Pharmaceuticals Portfolio or Fidelity Select Health Care Portfolio?
- Why Women Have Less Money in Retirement
- Why Vanguard Natural Resources, Cameron International, and Peabody Energy All Skyrocketed This Week
- The Best 529 Plans You Can Get
- What Is an Index Fund Exactly?
- 3 Ways to Get Your Portfolio Ship-Shape