Vanguard is a leading mutual fund company.
Vanguard is best known for its index mutual funds. Vanguard 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) can be regarded as the best known S&P 500 index fund. However, the company has expanded to offer numerous other funds including sector funds, bond funds, and exchange traded funds.
Vanguard continues to emphasize low costs to the investor. It is famous for the lowest expense ratios.
Related Fool Discussion Boards
Post your questions on Motley Fool's "Mutual Funds" board. []
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Gold Coins: For the Zombie Apocalypse, but Not for Investors
- Here's What the Biggest Hedge Fund Has Been Buying
- How to Spot the Best Mutual Funds
- Now is the Time to Buy These 3 High-Yielding Oil Investments
- 3 Stocks to Invest In for Beginners
- Why Vanguard Natural Resources LLC's Shares Skyrocketed 12% for the 2nd Straight Day