Vanguard is a leading mutual fund company.
Vanguard is best known for its index mutual funds. Vanguard 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) can be regarded as the best known S&P 500 index fund. However, the company has expanded to offer numerous other funds including sector funds, bond funds, and exchange traded funds.
Vanguard continues to emphasize low costs to the investor. It is famous for the lowest expense ratios.
Related Fool Discussion Boards
Post your questions on Motley Fool's "Mutual Funds" board. []
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Simple Step to Dramatically Improve Your Retirement
- Why the Highest Dividend Paying Stocks Aren't Your Best Bet
- Two Botched Leveraged Buyouts and the First Modern Philanthropist
- Why American Vanguard May Be About to Take Off
- Would Jamie Dimon Really Leave JPMorgan Over This Proxy Feud?
- The War Was Over, but These 3 Companies Were Just Getting Started