This rule impeded short selling in a sharply declining market. Some believe elimination of the uptick rule is a factor in the increased volatility of the stock market.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Wendy?s Rein In Delinquent Franchises?
- Why Shares of Five Below Inc. Collapsed Today
- Geospace Technologies Earnings Fall Victim to Big Oil's Spending Habits
- Why Keurig Green Mountain Inc.'s Shares Ran Out of Steam Today
- Solar News: Increasing Patent Lawsuits on the Horizon
- Archer Daniels Midland Company Third-Quarter Earnings: Are Higher Margins Within Reach?