This rule impeded short selling in a sharply declining market. Some believe elimination of the uptick rule is a factor in the increased volatility of the stock market.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Intel Corporation?s Internet of Things Group Deliver on Growth Expectations?
- How Does a Short Sale Work?
- Long Position vs. Short Position
- 5 Reasons Your Health Insurance Premium Will Likely Rise in 2016
- What do CCAR results mean for the biggest US banks?
- Too Good to Be True? Proceed With Caution on These 2 Biotechs