This rule impeded short selling in a sharply declining market. Some believe elimination of the uptick rule is a factor in the increased volatility of the stock market.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Frontier Communications Corp.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Your Student Loan is Killing the Housing Market
- Will Bombardier's Challenger 350 Make Its Mark in the Midsize Business Jet Market?
- 3 Reasons Schlumberger Ltd Stock Could Rise
- All Eyes on Kenya: The Next Big Oil Exporter
- Can Five Below Rise Above the Summer Doldrums?