The term is significant in the uptick rule which required an uptick before a short sale. This rule impeded short selling in a sharply declining market. The rule is no longer in place. Some believe that elimination of the uptick rule is a factor in the increased volatility of the stock market.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time for GlaxoSmithKline plc to Change Management?
- Ctrip.com, Qunar, and MakeMyTrip Take Off
- Better Dividend Stock: AbbVie or Gilead Sciences, Inc.?
- 4 Dangerous Dividend Stocks You Should Avoid
- Olive Garden Is Still Holding Darden Restaurants, Inc. Back
- What do CCAR results mean for the biggest US banks?