The term is significant in the uptick rule which required an uptick before a short sale. This rule impeded short selling in a sharply declining market. The rule is no longer in place. Some believe that elimination of the uptick rule is a factor in the increased volatility of the stock market.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- RetailMeNot, Inc. and Coupons.com, Inc. Fight Back
- 3 Things to Watch For When Proto Labs Inc Reports Earnings This Week
- 2 Things Intel Corporation Dividend Investors Need to Know
- 6 Common Application and Screening Mistakes Property Managers Make
- 2 Good Reasons to Take Another Look at Mortgage REITs
- Medicare Recipients Celebrate Premium Freeze, But Will It Last?