The term is significant in the uptick rule which required an uptick before a short sale. This rule impeded short selling in a sharply declining market. The rule is no longer in place. Some believe that elimination of the uptick rule is a factor in the increased volatility of the stock market.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Biotech Head-to-Head: Gilead vs. Celgene
- Better Restaurant Stock Buy: McDonald?s Corporation or Panera Bread Co??
- Why Sodastream International Ltd's Shares Went Flat Today
- SodaStream International Ltd. Earnings: Fizz Goes Flat
- 2 Trends that Could Make or Break the Bank Industry in 2015
- Deere (DE) Earnings: Better Than You Might Think