The term is significant in the uptick rule which required an uptick before a short sale. This rule impeded short selling in a sharply declining market. The rule is no longer in place. Some believe that elimination of the uptick rule is a factor in the increased volatility of the stock market.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. Bucks Pandora's Curse
- Here Are 3 Things to Consider Before Investing in McDonald?s
- The Mortgage Market's Next Opportunity
- Will Lexus? Performance Rev Up Toyota?s Dollar Dreams?
- It?s Official: Real Estate Agents Are in It for the Money
- Should You Invest in Chipotle Mexican Grill Stock?