A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- T-Mobile's John Legere Sticks It to Competitors Again With "Data Stash"
- Mobile Tech: 4 Ways Microsoft Can Boost Windows Phone and Lumia Sales
- 3 Best Turnaround Stories of 2014
- How Will You Spend Your Share of This $100 Billion Stimulus?
- What Oil Price Would Break LINN Energy LLC ?
- Top Healthcare Stocks to Buy for 2015