A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- America's Favorite Doughnut
- Earnings Roundup: Baxter International Grows Ahead of Its Spin-Off
- Is Transocean LTD Destined for Greatness?
- Today's Health Care Stocks to Watch: Eli Lilly and Co, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG, and Gilead
- Why I'm Dumping My Shares of Western Union
- How Boring Investing Can Fatten Your Wallet