A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Second Major Success in the Sharing Economy -- Airbnb Wins a $25 Billion Valuation
- Why Shares of Global Cash Access Holdings Dropped 16%
- Would Iris-Scanning Be Enough to Boost Windows Phone?
- How Safe Is Philip Morris International Inc.'s Dividend?
- Aflac Suffers Again From the Strong Dollar
- Cummins Earnings Keep Climbing Despite International Pressure