A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Obamacare: Not So Affordable After All?
- Should Facebook, Inc. Be Concerned About This Holiday Shopping Trend?
- Tesla Doubles Down on Luxury With the Model X
- 5 Things CalAmp Corp. Management Wants You to Know
- 5 Things They Never Told You About Your Home Loan
- 3 Companies That Could Beat Apple to a $1 Trillion Valuation