A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How BofI Holding, Inc. Revolutionized the Banking Industry Almost 20 Years Ago
- Teekay LNG Partners Just Diluted Investors almost 4%: What Should Investors Do?
- This Important Driver of Apple Stock's Earnings May Surprise You
- Visa Inc Earnings: Can the Card Giant Charge Higher?
- Intel Crushes Estimates While Ford Plans to Dominate New Continents
- The Long Road Ahead for DryShips Inc.