A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Kraft Foods Group Inc Stock Skyrocketed Today
- This Tiny Biotech Offers Up New Hope for Parkinson's Disease Patients
- Competition in Banking: Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 3 Warren Buffett Stocks for Retirement Investors
- The Survey Results Moving Apple's Shares Today
- 8 Ways to Increase Your Credit Score to Get the Lowest Mortgage Rates