Tuition is the fee paid to educational institutions by the student for the courses they take.
Private university tuitions are often thousands of dollars per semester, but part time students pay fees per credit hour. Trade schools and training session often charge fees. These charges may be paid by employers as a benefit for their employees when the employee files paperwork to get preapproval for the course.
Individuals seeking to pay for the education of their children should look into 529 Plans.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Starbucks Corporation Management Wants You to Know
- The Ugly Truth Behind the Student Loan Crisis
- Why the Market Flunked DeVry Education Group Inc Today
- Terrible Advice I Hope Young People Ignore
- 5 Perfectly Legal Ways You Could Use Your Retirement Savings Early
- 4 Investments You Can Make Completely Tax Free