Tuition is the fee paid to educational institutions by the student for the courses they take.
Private university tuitions are often thousands of dollars per semester, but part time students pay fees per credit hour. Trade schools and training session often charge fees. These charges may be paid by employers as a benefit for their employees when the employee files paperwork to get preapproval for the course.
Individuals seeking to pay for the education of their children should look into 529 Plans.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- "Robin Hood Tax" Aims for Free College Education at Wall Street's Expense
- 3 Things You Should Put Off Until Your Retirement Is on Track
- The Business Reason These Worker Perks Are on Starbucks' Menu
- 10 Retirement Savings Myths That Won?t Go Away
- Put Your Wallet Away: 13 Things Senior Citizens May Be Able to Get for Free
- 5 Things Starbucks Corporation Management Wants You to Know