Tuition is the fee paid to educational institutions by the student for the courses they take.
Private university tuitions are often thousands of dollars per semester, but part time students pay fees per credit hour. Trade schools and training session often charge fees. These charges may be paid by employers as a benefit for their employees when the employee files paperwork to get preapproval for the course.
Individuals seeking to pay for the education of their children should look into 529 Plans.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Best States for Young Adults 2014
- The Simple Path to Making Your Children's College Dreams Come True
- 2 Serious Risks Facing Unsuspecting Baby Boomers
- Are Degrees From For-Profit Colleges Worth the Paper They're Printed On?
- Baby Boomers Face Risks Co-Signing Student Loans
- Want to Get Out of Student Loan Debt? Don't Move to These 5 States