Tuition is the fee paid to educational institutions by the student for the courses they take.
Private university tuitions are often thousands of dollars per semester, but part time students pay fees per credit hour. Trade schools and training session often charge fees. These charges may be paid by employers as a benefit for their employees when the employee files paperwork to get preapproval for the course.
Individuals seeking to pay for the education of their children should look into 529 Plans.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 10 Most Expensive Public Colleges for Out-of-State Students
- How to Minimize Your Student Debt
- American Public Education, Inc. Surely Wishes More of the American Public Attended Its Schools
- This Selfless Act Could Be Costing You More Than You Realize
- How to Calculate Adjusted Monthly Gross Income
- How Companies Use Their Cash: Capital Expenditures