Tuition is the fee paid to educational institutions by the student for the courses they take.
Private university tuitions are often thousands of dollars per semester, but part time students pay fees per credit hour. Trade schools and training session often charge fees. These charges may be paid by employers as a benefit for their employees when the employee files paperwork to get preapproval for the course.
Individuals seeking to pay for the education of their children should look into 529 Plans.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Gift Tax Exclusion: How You Can Avoid a Key IRS Tax Trap
- 5 Great Quotes From Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz
- 5 Habits That Are Killing Workers' Productivity
- How Learning Quest Can Help You Pay for College
- Stocks to Watch in For-Profit Colleges
- 5 Great Investment Options if You Have $2,000 (or More) Lying Around