Tuition is the fee paid to educational institutions by the student for the courses they take.
Private university tuitions are often thousands of dollars per semester, but part time students pay fees per credit hour. Trade schools and training session often charge fees. These charges may be paid by employers as a benefit for their employees when the employee files paperwork to get preapproval for the course.
Individuals seeking to pay for the education of their children should look into 529 Plans.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Is the Worst Place to Save Money, but Many Do It Anyway
- The 3 Biggest Tax Changes You Need to Be Aware Of
- American Public Education Inc. Crushes Expectations; Should Investors Rejoice?
- What to Expect if Your Tax Return Gets Audited
- How You Can Save 70% on Your Child's College Education
- Take Advantage of Your Tax Advantages