Tuition is the fee paid to educational institutions by the student for the courses they take.
Private university tuitions are often thousands of dollars per semester, but part time students pay fees per credit hour. Trade schools and training session often charge fees. These charges may be paid by employers as a benefit for their employees when the employee files paperwork to get preapproval for the course.
Individuals seeking to pay for the education of their children should look into 529 Plans.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Form 709: Do You Need to File a Gift Tax Return?
- 401k Contribution Limits: Higher Than You May Think
- Don't Delay: Consider Making These Money Moves for Your Kids Today
- Are You Guilty of Committing Suze Orman's 5 "Forever Nevers"?
- If You're In Your 50s, Consider Buying These 3 Stocks
- 57% of Parents Admit to Making This Egregious Retirement Mistake