Transocean (NYSE: RIG) provides offshore drilling rigs and related equipment to companies digging for oil and gas.
Transocean claims to be the largest offshore driller, with 136 mobile offshore drilling units. The rigs include jackup rigs, which can be stabilized on the ocean floor, allowing the platform to be raised (jacked up); semisubmersible rigs; and more than 30 rigs that can operate in water 4,500 feet or deeper.
Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Selling Seadrill For This Reason is the Dumbest Thing You Could Do Right Now
- After a Disastrous Quarter, 2 Things All Offshore Drilling Investors Need to Know
- Transocean Earnings Beat Expectations, but Storm Clouds Loom in 2015
- Could This Analyst's Dire Forecast for Transocean Ltd. Come True?
- Offshore Drilling: After 3 Major Dividend Cuts Is This High-Yield Driller Next?