Transocean (NYSE: RIG) provides offshore drilling rigs and related equipment to companies digging for oil and gas.
Transocean claims to be the largest offshore driller, with 136 mobile offshore drilling units. The rigs include jackup rigs, which can be stabilized on the ocean floor, allowing the platform to be raised (jacked up); semisubmersible rigs; and more than 30 rigs that can operate in water 4,500 feet or deeper.
Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Transocean LTD's Recent Decision Reveals Why Seadrill Is the Best Long-Term Offshore Drilling Stock
- 3 Reasons These High-Yielding Offshore Drillers Could Soar
- A Reduced Payout Could Be in the Cards for These High-Yield Dividend Stocks
- Offshore Drilling: Is Now the Time to Buy Offshore Drillers?
- Why Shares of Transocean (RIG) Popped 13% Today