Transocean (NYSE: RIG) provides offshore drilling rigs and related equipment to companies digging for oil and gas.
Transocean claims to be the largest offshore driller, with 136 mobile offshore drilling units. The rigs include jackup rigs, which can be stabilized on the ocean floor, allowing the platform to be raised (jacked up); semisubmersible rigs; and more than 30 rigs that can operate in water 4,500 feet or deeper.
Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Offshore Drilling Stocks: 3 Vital Factors Investors Need to Be Aware Of
- Transocean Earnings: Expectations Crushed, but 2 Massive Problems Remain
- This Is the Only Reason Why Transocean LTD?s Stock Jumped 27% Higher in April
- Is Now Finally the Time to Buy Offshore Drillers?
- 3 Reasons Offshore Driller Stocks Could Collapse Further in 2015