Transocean (NYSE: RIG) provides offshore drilling rigs and related equipment to companies digging for oil and gas.
Transocean claims to be the largest offshore driller, with 136 mobile offshore drilling units. The rigs include jackup rigs, which can be stabilized on the ocean floor, allowing the platform to be raised (jacked up); semisubmersible rigs; and more than 30 rigs that can operate in water 4,500 feet or deeper.
Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares of Transocean (RIG) Popped 13% Today
- 5 Things All Transocean Investors Need to Know
- Transocean LTD Earnings: What Massive Losses Mean for Long-Term Investors
- 2 Ways Plunging Oil Prices Could Affect Your Dividend Portfolio
- Dividend Stocks: 1 High-Yielding Company to Avoid and 4 Superior Alternatives