A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Earnings: Sounding Off With a Strong Quarter
- Consumers to the Left of Her, Enterprises to the Right: Can Meg Whitman Handle the New Hewlett-Packa
- 5 Things Netflix, Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- It?s Time To Buy Netflix Stock ? Here?s Why
- How Bill Gates Makes Over $1 Million Every Day Doing Nothing
- Will Google's Nexus Android Gaming Console Flop?