A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Mobile App Stocks To Watch: Zynga Inc, King Digital Entertainment PLC, Glu Mobile Inc
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Fast Casual
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. Climbs on Mouthwatering Earnings
- What is an Escrow Account?
- Risk Averse? Kiss Retirement Goodbye
- Facebook, Inc.'s Addition of Games to Messenger Could Be "Game-Changing"