A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This is Great News for Apple. For Android? Not So Much
- How Likely Is It Microsoft and Take-Two Are Teaming Up to Take Down EA's "Madden"?
- 3 Things to Watch When GameStop Corp. Reports Earnings on March 26
- 5 Ways Millionaires Like Jordan Belfort Lost Fortunes
- When It Comes to Soda, Americans Prefer This Brand Above All Others
- Why Netflix Yada Yada Yada'd Seinfeld