A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Viacom?s Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons Electronic Arts Inc.'s Stock Could Fall
- ?Clash of Clans,? Apple, and the Battle to Disrupt Console Gaming
- Does the Upcoming "Pokemon" Game for iPad Mean Nintendo Is Finally Embracing Mobile?
- Why Nintendo Will Launch 'Pok
- 3 Reasons GameStop's Stock Could Rise