A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- American Public Education Inc. Crushes Expectations; Should Investors Rejoice?
- 3 Products That Will Make Apple the First $1 Trillion Company
- Why Is Netflix Bringing Back Inspector Gadget, Danger Mouse, and Other Classic Kids Shows?
- Why Watson Is a Major Opportunity for IBM
- Turns Out Personal Assistants Siri and Cortana Aren't As Personal As You Think
- Popeyes Lousiana Kitchen Inc. Falls After Another Delicious Quarter