A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Top 3 Telecom Stocks to Buy for 2015
- ?Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Is Officially a Hit -- What Activision Investors Need to Know
- Amazon vs. Wal-Mart: Who's Really Cheaper?
- Mobile Tech: Why Samsung Can Survive Without Google Android
- Does MediaTek Really Benefit if Qualcomm Inc. Stumbles With the Snapdragon 810?
- The Best Tech CEOs of 2014