A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Under Armour's NBA Deal Is Smaller Than Nike's, but Could Be Big for UA
- 5 Brands That Are Winning With Millennials
- Should Sony Corporation and Nvidia Corporation Believe in Cloud Gaming?
- Apple Music Could Benefit From Spotify's Self-Inflicted Wounds
- What Is Larry Page's Net Worth?
- Mark Pincus Reveals His Plan to Save Zynga Inc