In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Companies Boosting Their Dividend by at Least 200% in the 1st Quarter
- Will Vertical Farming Kill Monsanto Company and Help Whole Foods Market?
- Why Panera Bread?s $200 Million Bet Can Pay Off for You
- What You Need to Know About Brokerage Account Transfers
- Royal Dutch Shell plc Brings Crowdsourcing to the Energy Markets
- Believe It or Not, Drones Will Change the Civilian World for the Better