In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- K12 Inc. Beats And Still Goes to the Principal?s Office? Here?s Why
- A Halloween Treat for Tesla Motors Inc. and Electric Vehicle Proponents
- Southern Company Earnings: What the Dollars Don't Tell You
- 1 U.S. Solar Company Just Took a Big Step Into China
- Deep Dive On What Facebook Stock Investors Need To Know This Week
- Wal-Mart vs. Amazon: Which Will Win Christmas This Year?