In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Time Warner Inc Expansion Into China Could Really Pay Off
- 5 Things Altria Group Management Wants You to Know
- Don't Count on an OLED iPhone From Apple, Inc. in 2015
- Boeing Plane Orders Boom -- With Help From the U.S. Navy!
- The Best 3D Printing Stock to Buy
- Amazon.com Inc. Expands Prime Now and Targets Alcohol Delivery