In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Harley-Davidson Owners Recall When Their Bikes Didn't Need So Many Repairs
- Why the Apple iPhone 6 Plus Will Be a Success
- Is It Time to Buy FedEx Stock?
- 5 Things Windstream Holdings' Management Wants You to Know
- Should HP Spend $5.7 Billion on Share Buybacks?
- Will Intel Corporation Finally Build Apple Inc.?s Chips at 10 Nanometers?