In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why the Chevy Silverado Is Driving GM to Spend Billions on Cadillac
- Follow the Sand to the Real Fracking Boom
- Why Twitter Inc. Could Have Higher Ad Prices Than Facebook Inc.
- There Are Better Semiconductor Stocks Than Intel. Here's One.
- Samsung Facing Hard Truth as Samsung Galaxy S5 Sales Reportedly Badly Miss Expectations
- Is the Mystery of the Apple Inc. A9 Finally Solved?