In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks That Could Make Huge Moves This Week
- Kantar Worldpanel Brings Mixed News for Google?s Android and Apple?s iOS
- Investing in the 2015 Movie Theater Industry
- Obesity Statistics Take a Wrong Turn in This Latest Study
- Biotech Billionaires: Can They Do It Again?
- Who Are The Real Winners In The Time Warner Cable/Charter Communications Deal?