In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Tesla Motors, Inc. Delivers First Cars to Hong Kong. Is Japan Next?
- Is a Payment Service From Apple, Inc. Imminent?
- Ford Motor Company: Can Lincoln's New Crossover Derail General Motors Company's Cadillac?
- Is Apple Really a Threat to Sirius XM?
- Why Does Subaru Keep Making the Outback Bigger and Bigger?
- Why Ford Is Giving the 2015 F-150 Another (Eco)Boost