In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did Putin Just Harm His Fellow Russians By Banning Food Imports?
- Why Does Lockheed Martin Want to Put Exoskeletons on Workers?
- Are You Missing the Fuel Cell Revolution?
- Here's the Next-Generation Battery Market You Never Knew Existed
- Here's Why Harley-Davidson Won't Mass-Produce an Electric Motorcycle
- Did Ford Motor Company Mess Up the New Mustang?