In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Solazyme Earnings: The Only News That Really Matters
- Will AeroVironment Pull Out of Its Tailspin?
- Why Clean Energy Fuels Corp (CLNE) Stock is Up 38% This Month
- Cvent Looks to Book an Even Better 2015
- Ensco: The Latest Offshore Driller to Slash Its Dividend
- Clean Energy Fuels Corp. Profitable in Q4: Strong Momentum Heading Into 2015