In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Netflix, Inc. Stock Really Rise to $900?
- Tile Shop Holdings Inc. Stock Is Up 80% Since January: Will Q1 Earnings "Earn" the Big Jump?
- 3 Companies Are Helping Microsoft Corporation Steal Android From Google Inc.
- Chipotle Stock Down 6%, Beef Is Up, and Pork Is Nowhere to Be Found: Is an Earnings Letdown Coming?
- Procter & Gamble Earnings: What Investors Need to Know
- How Corning Incorporated is Bringing OLED Lighting Into the Mainstream