In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Driverless Cars Poised to Transform Automotive Industry
- Macau's Advantage Over Las Vegas: Half of the World is Nearby
- Intel Corporation and Altera Corporation Surge on Possible Acquisition
- Don't Worry About the Next Drop -- Plan for It
- Quiksilver, Inc. Stock Plunges as CEO Abruptly Replaced
- Taking Aim at Kraft: Does Private Equity Destroy Jobs?