In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Google, Inc. Continue its Incredible Run?
- Apple's Guidance for Next Quarter Is Nothing to Obsess Over
- United Technologies Corporation Stock Drops Despite Earnings Beat, Raised Guidance
- How Kim Kardashian, James Bond, and Hercules Can Help You Make Money
- Can HP and EMC Spread This Cloud Technology to Enterprise?
- What Should General Electric Company Investors Expect for This Business?