In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Duke Energy Stock Has Doubled Since It Broke Up With Coal, But is the Rebound at Risk?
- Did Kinder Morgan Inc. Provide a Subtle Clue That Oil Prices Are Bottoming?
- Are We on the Cusp of the Next Big Oil Megamerger?
- Here's What to Watch When Atwood Oceanics, Inc. Reports Earnings
- Oil Prices Have You Confused? Here's a Peek Behind The Crazy Oil Market
- The 2 Best 3D Printing Stocks for 2015