Technical analysis can range from the simple (moving averages) to the arcane (stochastic oscillators and Bollinger bands). The efficacy of these techniques is disputed, but many traders claim to use them to achieve much higher annualized returns.
Technical analysis and the Motley Fool
Technical analysis is not embraced by staff writers of the Motley Fool, especially not when used to the exclusion of fundamental analysis and valuation. However, many people swear by it, and many who examine fundamentals and valuation augment with technical analysis, especially to aid in timing. Practitioners of technical analysis seldom agree that "you can't time the market."
David Gardner Explains
Related Fool Articles
- Day Trading, Technical Analysis, Margin, Shorts
- Considering "Technical Analysis"
- The 7-Bagger That Gave You No Chance
- Avoid the Mistake That Cost Buffett 8 Years of Better Returns
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 15 Things This Legendary Investor Looked for in Stocks
- 3 Things Wall Street Doesn't Want You to Know
- Why Intel Corporation's 14-Nanometer Mobile Chips Could Finally Be Game Changers
- 10 Figures That May Sum Up Obamacare in 2015
- Danger Lurking in Wynn Resorts Dividend Payout Ratio Analysis?
- The Best Free Stock Screeners