Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What I Learned About SolarCity's Business Model by Becoming a Customer
- Here?s What Makes Aflac a Great Stock
- The Fed's Janet Yellen Could Be Annaly Capital Management's Best Friend
- Why Brookfield Infrastructure Partners Is a Better Investment Than Duke Energy
- How Altria Plans to Keep Delivering Returns
- Now Is the Time to Buy This Fast Growing Refiner