Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Simple Step to Dramatically Improve Your Retirement
- The World's 5 Most Debt-Ridden Countries
- These 6 States Tax Inheritances the Hardest
- 3 Under-the-Radar Stocks Every Dividend Investor Should Own
- Why National Grid, Balfour Beatty, and Marston's Should Lag the FTSE 100 Today
- A Closer Look at BT Group's Dividend Potential