Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Great Stocks Senior Citizens Can Buy Now
- 5 Life Insurance Types to Know
- Mezzanine Debt: What It Is and How It Works -- With Examples
- 5 Things Cisco Systems, Inc's Management Wants You to Know
- Williams Companies' $13.8 Billion Kinder Style Merger: 3 Things Dividend Investors Need to Know
- 3 Things New College Graduates Need to Know About Investing