Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Biggest Problem With Social Security Isn't Shrinking Reserves -- It's This
- What's the Best Age for You to Take Social Security?
- Is Now the Time to Buy Kinder Morgan and These 3 High-Yield Oil Investments?
- Can You Succeed Investing in Japan?
- Zalando SE?s first quarterly report: Straight A?s
- Airbus Orders Have Taken Off: Will Cash Flows Follow?