Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Movado Group, Inc. Dials Up Some EPS Growth
- The Surprising State That Could Become the 24th to Legalize Medical Marijuana
- Where Renewable Energy is Beating Fossil Fuels
- 3 Top High-Yield Dividend Stocks to Buy in 2016
- 10 Infamous "Last Words" of Personal Finance
- Trina Solar Limited Earnings: Size Doesn't Mean Profit in Solar Manufacturing