Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How to Calculate My Monthly Take-Home Salary
- Did Obamacare Whiff on This Important Milestone?
- Where You Live Matters: 3 Ways Your Home Address Can Affect Your Wallet
- 3 Great Energy Dividend Stocks That Aren't MLPs
- 4 Positive Takeaways From Costco's Fiscal 2015 Earnings
- This Latest Study Suggests That Marijuana May Be in a No-Win Situation