Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- West Virginia Unprepared for Future Without Coal
- 5 Great Ways to Spend Your Income Tax Refund
- 4 Banking Terms Every First-Time Homebuyer Should Know
- 1 Place Where Veterans Can Find Work in the Oil Field
- Why Unemployment Rates in These 5 States Could Soar Next Year
- The Company Behind the World's Best Solar Panel