Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Pioneer Natural Resources' Stock Could Rise Again
- 4 Reasons This Company Is One of the Best High-Yield Dividend Growth Stocks You Can Buy Today
- Easy Ways to Think About Hard Finance Stuff
- Tiffany Earnings: Not Shining, But Still Rock-Solid
- Movado's Sales Slow Down, but Watch for Better Times Ahead
- Is It Finally Time to Give Up On Ford Motor Company?