Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Delta Air Lines, Inc.: Let the Good Times Roll!
- CIT Group Inc: A Host of Tailwinds Could Fuel Big Valuation Growth
- Ford Motor Company's Second Quarter Shows It Is Doing More With Less
- Why The Boeing Co.'s Earnings Soared, but Its Stock Price Stalled
- Investors Should Keep an Eye on This Miner With Russian Exposure
- The 3 Best Ways to Get Rich From Canada's Oil Boom