Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Make This Important Decision Before You Start a New Job
- 3 Reasons Social Security Won't Cover Your Retirement
- Forget Marijuana Stocks: Here Are 3 Smarter Investments
- Bad News for Smokers: You're Not Very Good With Money
- Why Are World-Famous Fund Managers Piling Into This Small-Cap Stock?
- Property Management Companies: Is it Smart to Hire One for Your Rentals?