Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Billionaire Thinks That Apple Inc. Should Buy Back Stock At All-Time Highs
- Selling Seadrill For This Reason is the Dumbest Thing You Could Do Right Now
- Stratasys, Ltd. Q4 and 2014 Earnings: Market Relieved, No Major Surprises
- Is SolarCity's Stock a Buy?
- Amyris Inc, Despite Falling Oil Prices, Is Positioned to Benefit from Brazil's Growth and Environmen
- Is Caterpillar Inc. Finally a Good Buy for Value Investors?