Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Lorillard Inc. Is a Top Dividend Stock
- 3 Companies That Could Slash Their Dividends
- Oil Stocks: These 5 Drillers Are Sneering at Low Oil Prices
- Solar News: SunEdison Betting Billions on the Future of Renewable Energy
- 2 Things Procter & Gamble Dividend Stock Investors Need to Know
- 7 Ways to Boost Your Credit Score This Month