Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will This FIFA Stadium Collapse Delay Advanced Biofuels?
- Obamacare Enrollments Pick Up the Pace
- Opportunities and Challenges Facing Shell?s Canada LNG Project
- 2014 Tax Tables: What They Mean for Your Taxes
- Valuing SolarCity Is More Complicated Than It Seems
- What If We Measured Nonprofits Like Investments?