Target (NYSE: TGT) operates large-format general merchandise and food discount stores in the United States, which include Target and SuperTarget stores. It offers both everyday essentials and fashionable, differentiated merchandise at exceptional prices.
Target was founded in Minneapolis as the discount division of the Dayton-Hudson Department store chain. Later the corporation adopted the Target name.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is a Post Office Bank the Answer To Payday Lending?
- Target?s Digital Aggression Is Likely to Pay Off
- Target: The Good News, the Bad News, and Its Top 3 Priorities
- Target Joins Starbucks, Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. and Asks Customers to Not Carry Guns in Stores
- Wal-Mart, Costco, and Target: 5 Simple Charts Investors Should See