Target (NYSE: TGT) operates large-format general merchandise and food discount stores in the United States, which include Target and SuperTarget stores. It offers both everyday essentials and fashionable, differentiated merchandise at exceptional prices.
Target was founded in Minneapolis as the discount division of the Dayton-Hudson Department store chain. Later the corporation adopted the Target name.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Investors Should Know About Target Corporation's Departure From Canada
- Why Target Corporation Had to Pull the Plug on Canada
- 3 Dividend Aristocrats Nearing Their 50th Straight Year of Dividend Increases
- Target's Failure in Canada a Cautionary Tale for Retailers
- How Wal-Mart and Target Are Fighting Back Against Amazon