T. Boone Pickens
T. Boone Pickens is the Chairman of BP Capital Management, an advocate for domestic alternative energy investment, corporate raider, notable philanthropist and one of the world's wealthiest individuals.
He is the creator of the Pickens Plan.
T. Boone Pickens is known publicly as much for his philanthropy and political involvement as he is for his considerable investing skill.
In the 1980's Pickens was most known as prominent takeover operator and famously landed on the cover of TIME magazine for his unsuccessful takeover of Gulf Oil.
Later Pickens was a prominent financial sponsor of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth a 527 political group, who some debate played a critical role in determining the outcome of the 2004 presidential election.
Most recently T. Boone Pickens has very publicly launched a series of television ad spots trying to drive investment in alternative energy specifically wind energy in the US. His version of how best to implement such energy on a wide scale is called the the Pickens Plan . You can view his plan here http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan/
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Key Risks to Facebook's WhatsApp Buyout
- Natural Gas Is Abundant in America. Natural Gas Cars? Not So Much
- Profiting From Increased Demand for Natural Gas
- T. Boone Pickens: OPEC Probably Can't Flood Market With Oil
- T. Boone Pickens Challenges President Obama to Act on Natural Gas
- T. Boone Pickens' Ideas on OPEC Are Dangerous to U.S. Energy Companies