SYNGENTA AG (NYSE: SYT)
Syngenta is an agribusiness company headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. The company makes herbicides, fungicides and insecticides for a variety of commercial crops including fruits and vegetable crops as well as turf and lawn chemicals. The company also supplies seeds--both hybrid and gene modified--for a variety of crops.
Syngenta was formed in 2000 as the agriculture business of Astra-Zeneca and Novartis. Those companies included agriculture divisions acquired from several well known companies including Sandoz/Velsicol, Stauffer, Merck, ICI, and Ciba-Geigy
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Airgas, Nuance Communications, and Syngenta Jumped Today
- Is Monsanto's $45 Billion Deal to Acquire Syngenta About to Unravel?
- How Monsanto Pushed Syngenta AG (ADR) Shares 15% Higher Today
- Move Aside, Solar Panels: GMO Corn is Igniting the Next Trade War with China
- Are These 28 European Countries About to Open the Door to Monsanto Company?