SYNGENTA AG (NYSE: SYT)
Syngenta is an agribusiness company headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. The company makes herbicides, fungicides and insecticides for a variety of commercial crops including fruits and vegetable crops as well as turf and lawn chemicals. The company also supplies seeds--both hybrid and gene modified--for a variety of crops.
Syngenta was formed in 2000 as the agriculture business of Astra-Zeneca and Novartis. Those companies included agriculture divisions acquired from several well known companies including Sandoz/Velsicol, Stauffer, Merck, ICI, and Ciba-Geigy
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are These 28 European Countries About to Open the Door to Monsanto Company?
- Are Stacks on Stacks From Dow Chemical Company a Superweed's Worst Nightmare or Best Friend?
- Monsanto Company Earnings: Would a Syngenta Buyout Boost Growth?
- Why 3D Systems, Groupon, and Syngenta Jumped Today
- Is Putin Right to Call Monsanto a Terrorist Organization and Ban GMOs?