Switching costs refer to how much money and time it would cost a company to switch from one provider of a service or product to another. If you are a provider, you want your customers to face high switching costs, thus increasing the odds they will stay with you.
EXPANDED DEFINITION HERE
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Cisco Stock Is Still a Value
- Tech News: IBM and NVIDIA Will Power the World's Fastest Supercomputer
- Is Microsoft's Dividend Safe?
- Why I Bought IBM Stock After Its Big Slump
- Apple Pay: Winners and Losers From Apple Inc.?s Game-Changing Payment Service
- Investing in Socially Responsible Companies: lululemon athletica