Steven A. Cohen
Steven A. Cohen is a virtual unknown in the world of investing. Despite estimates that his net worth may exceed 7 billion US dollars, Cohen goes virtually unmentioned in the media. This is due, in large part, to his own refusal to grant interviews.
Cohen's influence on the market, while not transparent to many retail investors, is considered by many on Wall Street to be enormous. According to Businessweek , his hedge funds' trading volume typically accounts for 3% of the NYSE's entire daily volume.
It is estimated by some sources  that trades at his hedge fund have netted him and his investors a very impressive annual return of 30 percent or more during the last decade.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Would You Give Steve Cohen Your Money?
- Stocks Rise Last Week on GDP and Jobs Data
- SAC Capital Pleads Guilty in $1.8 Billion Deal
- SAC Capital Faces Largest Financial Penalty Ever for Insider Trading
- The Biggest Insider Trade in History
- Feds Hit SAC Capital With Criminal, Civil Charges
- Scandal-Ridden SAC Capital Buys Broadcom, Dynavax, and Boston Scientific
- 7 Remarkable Statistics From Canada's Oil Sands
- Scandal-Ridden SAC Capital Sells Micron, eBay, and Nokia
- 3 Reasons to Buy Oasis Petroleum in 2014
- Scandal-Ridden SAC Capital on Zynga, Trinity, and ArcelorMittal
- Investor Beat, Nov. 5, 2013