A start-up is a new business first coming together.
Often the founders begin with a good idea and operate with money borrowed on the principals' credit cards. When the idea looks promising they prepare a business plan and begin looking for start-up capital, often from a venture capital firm.
Payoff for the founders and the early investors is often the IPO taking the company public.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Second Major Success in the Sharing Economy -- Airbnb Wins a $25 Billion Valuation
- TechBUZZ: Esplota Brings Viral Content to a Huge and Growing Audience
- TechBUZZ: First Mile Geo Goes the Distance With Data Analytics
- TechBUZZ: RelishMBA Brings Grad Students and Employers Together
- TechBUZZ: Summer's Hottest Startups
- TechBUZZ: Summer's Hottest Start-Ups