Speculative stocks are those that attract buyers based more on hope, hunches, or hype than on solid financial criteria.
EXPANDED DEFINITION HERE
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Options: Wall Street Gimmick or Moneymaking Investing Tool?
- How Should Airlines Use Their Potential Windfalls from Fuel Savings?
- 41 Things I've Learned in the Past 10 Years
- Is It Time To Make A Bet On Las Vegas?
- Why Banks Are Worried About Low Oil Prices
- Is BlackBerry Ltd CEO John Chen Grasping at Straws With "App Neutrality"?