Special shareholder meeting
A special shareholder meeting may usually be called under terms specified in the corporation by-laws. Such a meeting would be called when the need for a timely decision by the shareholders cannot wait for the next annual meeting.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc. May Be a Buy After Earnings
- Is Monsanto's $45 Billion Deal to Acquire Syngenta About to Unravel?
- 5 Stocks Everyone in Their 30s Should Own
- The 3 Most Likely Reasons Bank of America?s CFO Is Leaving
- Google Inc.?s Earnings: Why The Stock Surged Last Week
- Wells Fargo's Mortgage Business Is Getting Even Bigger