SOLVAY SA (OTC: SVYZY.PK) Solvay is a major global chemical company headquartered in Belgium.
Solvay is best known for the Solvay Process which produced soda ash and sodium bicarbonate from salt, now made obsolete by mined soda ash. Today the company manufactures chemicals and plastics.
In 2011, Solvay announced plans to acquire Rhodia.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Little-Known Biotech Stocks I'm Keeping an Eye On
- Could E-Cigarettes Someday Be Used to Combat Alzheimer's Disease?
- 1 Stock Putting A New Spin on an Old Marijuana Drug
- 2 Little Known MLPs With High, Safe Yields
- Abbott Labs vs. Walgreen: Which Stock's Dividend Dominates?
- The Proprietary Drug Business Just Got Riskier