Short covering is the purchase by a short seller of a security that was sold short.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Hypothetically, Here's What Might Happen to Marijuana Prices if it Were Legalized
- Oil Stocks: 2 to Avoid, and 1 to Buy
- The U.S. Navy Spent $744 Million to Build a Robotic Fighter Jet -- and Now Wants to Throw It Away
- Boeing Unveils Amazing, Slightly Terrifying New Electromagnetic Pulse Weapon
- 3 Pervasive Banking Myths Debunked
- Broker Commission: Understanding the Costs and Hidden Fees