Shelby Davis, Sr.
Shelby Davis, Sr., began investing shortly after the market crashed in 1929. By 1938, he and his wife had set aside $50,000 for long-term investment. When he died in 1994, he had – through patient investing – turned that $50,000 into $900 million, mostly through investing in insurance stocks.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What the HBO Deal Means for Amazon Prime
- Ford Motor Company Earnings: Will Growth Come Back?
- Why Super Micro Computer, Inc. Shares Surged Today
- Why Sanmina Corp Shares Skyrocketed Today
- Kinder Morgan: Mexican Demand Is Renewing Conviction
- Texas Gas Is Ready to Go South of the Border?No Permission Required