If approved, the initiatives would often require the corporation to pursue green or socially responsible programs, but almost anything can appear in an initiative. They rarely receive the votes needed for approval.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Stocks That Just Raised Their Dividends
- 2 Reasons Gilead Sciences Suffered Through a Rough September
- 1,500 Jobs Gone -- Should Shareholders be Worried About ConAgra Foods Inc.?
- Why Dunkin' Brands Is Failing to Inspire Investors
- Mistras Group Soars on Unexpected Earnings, Sales Strength
- 3 Things You Probably Never Knew About Intel Corporation