If approved, the initiatives would often require the corporation to pursue green or socially responsible programs, but almost anything can appear in an initiative. They rarely receive the votes needed for approval.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Peter Thiel Exclusive: Why a PayPal Merger Doesn't Make Sense
- Morningstar, Inc. Reports a Mixed Quarter
- Why 3D Systems Corporation Is Crashing Today
- Why Time Warner Cable's Share Buybacks Are So Smart
- Will IMAX Corporation Finally Get Its Big Growth Back?
- RetailMeNot, Inc. and Coupons.com, Inc. Fight Back