If approved, the initiatives would often require the corporation to pursue green or socially responsible programs, but almost anything can appear in an initiative. They rarely receive the votes needed for approval.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is This Netflix's Next Qwikster-Sized Mistake?
- Two Botched Leveraged Buyouts and the First Modern Philanthropist
- Heartland Payment Systems Launches New Stock Buyback Round
- IBM vs. AT&T: Which Dow Stock's Dividend Dominates?
- Will Banks Embrace the Return of Subprime Lending?
- The 3 Worst Large-Cap Companies for Workplace Diversity