If approved, the initiatives would often require the corporation to pursue green or socially responsible programs, but almost anything can appear in an initiative. They rarely receive the votes needed for approval.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is it Too Late to Buy Costco Wholesale Corporation Stock?
- 5 Remarkable Things Chesapeake Energy Corporation?s Management Told its Investors
- Here's How Google Inc. Could Get to $670
- AeroVironment Bets Big on Its Future As Sales, Earnings Fall
- 5 Things Garmin Ltd.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Wisdom from Warren Buffett?s Golden Anniversary Letter