If approved, the initiatives would often require the corporation to pursue green or socially responsible programs, but almost anything can appear in an initiative. They rarely receive the votes needed for approval.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- PetSmart Unleashes Mixed Results, Considers Alternatives That Could Include Sale
- Five Regions Where Big Oil Is Foolishly Chasing Profits
- 4 Things Time Warner Cable's Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons Marathon Petroleum Stock Could Rise
- Is This Dividend Stock Worth Your Time?
- 3 Reasons Merck & Co., Inc.'s Stock Could Rise