If approved, the initiatives would often require the corporation to pursue green or socially responsible programs, but almost anything can appear in an initiative. They rarely receive the votes needed for approval.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks to Buy at 52-Week Highs
- Our Favorite Internet of Things Stocks For 2015
- Prospect Capital Corp.: An Obvious Roadmap
- Why Do High-Yield Stocks Like American Realty Capital Bring Out Bad Executive Behavior?
- Verizon and AT&T Will Hate T-Mobile?s Newest Un-carrier Move
- 5 Things Costco Wholesale Corporation's Management Wants You to Know