If approved, the initiatives would often require the corporation to pursue green or socially responsible programs, but almost anything can appear in an initiative. They rarely receive the votes needed for approval.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- For Amazon Investors, Ignorance Is Bliss
- A Sad Reality: 3 of Healthcare's Top 5 Dividends Probably Aren't Sustainable
- These Stocks Pay Big Yields With Barely More Risk Than Bonds
- Procter & Gamble Co. Earnings Pinched by Weak Currencies and Soft Demand
- Is Kimberly-Clark Losing Momentum?
- 3 Growth Stocks That Could Soar More Than Facebook