A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Amazon Fire TV Stick a Google Chromecast Killer?
- Why Omeros Corporation Stock Saw Big Gains
- 3D Printing Stocks: Why Expertise Could Become More Important Than Products
- Why Vistaprint Limited Shares Took Off Today
- Why Container Store Group Inc's Shares Popped
- Tesla Motors Inc's Secret Growth Weapon -- Hint: It's Not Cars