A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Brands That Bleed America's Red, White, and Blue
- This Is a Big Win for Marijuana and Researchers
- Which Companies Do the Worst at Keeping Your Data Safe?
- 5 Ways to Slash Your Tax Liability in Retirement
- How You Can Ditch Comcast, Time Warner, and Big Cable for Internet Service
- 4 Obamacare Benefits Many Seniors Don't Know About