A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Sam's Club Losing Buyers to Wal-Mart Stores Inc.?
- Congrats, Net Neutrality Advocates; You?ve Substantively Changed Nothing
- International Space Station to Boeing: "We're Ready for Liftoff"
- Can Obamacare Survive an Unfavorable Supreme Court Decision?
- 3 Reasons to Be Wary of SolarCity Stock
- 2 Advantages Dish Network's New Service has Over Traditional Cable