A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Two Harbors Investment Corp Isn't Scared of Higher Interest Rates
- Why Whole Foods Market Inc. Investors Shouldn't Lose Sleep Over These 2 Essential Metrics? Yet
- Will Home Depot Deliver a Strong Second Quarter?
- Is Amazon's Kindle Unlimited the First Step in Unbundling Prime?
- Will Jana's Intervention Boost Apache's Share Price?
- Is Citrix Systems, Inc. Now Investment Worthy?