A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Thanks, RHEL and IoT: Red Hat Inc Stock Jumps on Q4 Earnings
- GameStop Corp. Earnings Hit by $350 Million Next-Gen Console Hangover
- Why Shares of Red Hat Inc. Are Soaring Today
- Is the Housing Sector Doomed Once Interest Rates Start Rising?
- Facebook Inc.'s Getting Serious About Monetizing Messenger
- Is Blackstone Group About to Make a $1.5 Billion Deal?