A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- After Tanking 20%, Is GameStop Corp. Stock a Buy?
- Apple, Inc. Reports a Blowout Quarter -- and Is Expecting Another One
- Why Investors Shouldn?t Compare Google?s Nexus 6 to Apple?s iPhone 6 Plus
- How Google Messenger Could Cause Big Problems for Facebook and WhatsApp
- 1 Stock I'm Eyeing If the Market Crashes
- How Vacations Can Mess With Your Credit