A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Has Marine Products Made You Any Real Money?
- Is American Water Works's Cash Machine Slowing Down?
- Ask a Fool: How Do I Get on Board With 3-D Printing?
- Why Discover Financial Is Poised to Keep Poppin'
- M&T and Hudson City Bancorp Union Could Be Right Around the Corner
- This P/E Suggests Wm. Morrison Supermarkets Is a Hold