A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 12b-1 Fees Can Wreck Your Returns
- Don't Punish Electronic Arts Inc For GameStop Corp's Mistakes
- Nip Identity Theft in the Bud This Holiday Season by Following 7 Simple Steps
- This Popular Streaming Service Is Conspicuously Absent From T-Mobile's Latest Promotion
- 11 Things Investors Can Be Thankful for on Thanksgiving Day
- The 7 Most Popular Gift Cards This Holiday Season, and 3 Big Surprises