A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Disney's ESPN Sues Over Verizon FiOS "Custom TV" Bundle-Breaking Deal
- 3 Things Investors Don?t Want to See When Atwood Oceanics, Inc Reports
- 3 Reasons Facebook, Inc Stock Could Rise
- Could This New Billion-Dollar Industry Put Banks Out Of Business?
- When It Comes to Users, Facebook Inc. Is Still Crushing It
- Will Cummins Defy an Expected Earnings Slowdown?