A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Sprint's $100 Family Share Pack Excludes a Key Group of Customers
- This Latest Move Proves Google Fiber Is Here to Stay
- 3 Ways Microsoft Corporation Can Hit A Homerun With Windows 9
- Why Republic Airways Holdings Inc. Stock Flew 10% Higher
- Why McDonald's Corporation Is No Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Organovo Holdings Inc Stock: 3 Crucial Pieces of Information Revealed