A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Red Lobster Spinoff Caught in Trap of Its Own Making
- H&R Block Banks On Getting Out of Banking
- All Eyes Are on Yum! Brands, but for the Wrong Reasons
- Why The Boeing Company Won't Build a New 757
- Wrestlemania XXX Pay-Per-View Sales a Good Sign for WWE Network
- NQ Mobile's Battle With Muddy Waters Is Far From Over