A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A 401(k) Loan Might Make Sense, but it Should Only Be Your Last Resort
- 3 Things You Absolutely Must Know About Medicare
- What Does This Music Industry Report Mean for Apple Inc., Pandora, and Spotify?
- 5 Stocks Under $10 Actually Worth Buying
- 3 Companies That Could Acquire Netflix
- Does Costco Need to Be Online to Be Competitive?