A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Seagate Destined for Greatness?
- Pentagon Awards $2.2 Billion in Defense Contracts Friday
- Desperate to Boost Oil Production, Venezuela Moves to Devalue Currency
- Intel Is Making More Money Than You Think
- Spotify's Recent Move Shouldn't Scare Pandora Investors
- Navy Orders More JSOW Glide Bombs From Raytheon