A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Twitter Inc. Lost to Instagram, and What It Can Do About It
- 5 Things Geospace Technologies' Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Major Hurdles the Marijuana Industry May Not Overcome
- 3 Things Intel's Networking Chief Wants You to Know
- Shake Shack Inc. Is Pricey But Its Future Looks Delicious
- 3 Reasons I'm Thinking About Investing In Qualcomm Inc.