A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Microsoft Corporation Stock Slips Post Earnings: Bargain or Bull Trap?
- Apple Inc. Readies Its New Music Service to Challenge Spotify and Pandora
- Here's How Citrix Systems, Inc. Just Beat Earnings Expectations
- Why Google Inc's Latest Innovation Should Excite Investors
- Core Laboratories N.V. Earnings: Record Profits, but the Outlook Is Bleak
- Pursuing Profits? Meet Margins!