A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Breaking News: UPS Finalizes Its Labor Contract in a Historically Unprecedented and Aggressive Way
- Why Unisys Corporation Shares Plunged Today
- 1 Innovative, Profitable Company = An Endless Spawn of Competition
- Are These 3 Companies Doomed?
- Could Amazon.com's Original Content Boost Prime Subscribers?
- Is World Wrestling Entertainment Poised for a Gain or a Smackdown?