A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Best Deals in Low-Risk Stocks
- AT&T Finds Another Way to Raise Wireless Prices
- California Water Earnings Take a Hit From the Drought
- CoStar Group Inc. Revenue Rises as Apartments.com Increases its Dominance
- OpenText Survives a Tough Quarter As Shares Soar
- One Last Combined Earnings Release for Baxter and Baxalta