A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 7 Snarkiest Quotes From Warren Buffett
- How Will Mt. Gox Bankruptcy Affect the Future of Bitcoin?
- Pandora Leads Streaming Services, but Does That Matter?
- Why Plug Power, Bridgepoint Education, and Nuverra Environmental Solutions Plunged Today
- Why Salesforce.com May Be a House of Cards
- As Mac Sales Defy a Declining PC Market, Microsoft Corporation Readies New Office for Mac