A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Future of Finance According to This Legendary Investor
- The Most Important Number You Need to Know Before Buying Transocean LTD Stock
- Southwest Airlines Co. Earnings: Even Better Under the Surface
- 17 Expert Ways to Save Money Every Day
- T-Mobile Wants to Give You An iPad -- Sort Of
- 4 Tech Billionaires You?ve Likely Never Heard Of