A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's What the Biggest Hedge Fund Has Been Buying
- M&T Bank's Profitability Is Declining. Should Investors Run Scared?
- Why ImmunoGen Inc. Stock Was Throttled
- One Lender Growing Faster Than Bank of America -- and Why That's a Bad Thing
- 3 Cheap Growth Stocks You Could Buy Right Now
- Why CarMax, Inc. Stock Revved Up Today