A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Are Deliverables?
- Here's What the Managers of the $8.6 Billion TIAA-CREF Trust Have Been Buying
- LTE Networks: What Investors Need to Know
- Veeva's Earnings Growth Leaves Investors Unimpressed
- ULTA Salon's Earnings Keep Looking Better and Better
- Here's What's Behind TASER International's Latest Acquisition