For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Subaru Has Big Plans for the All-New 2015 Legacy Sedan
- Why Warren Buffett Wouldn't Touch J.C. Penney Stock
- The Mortgage Market's Next Opportunity
- Is the Apple iPad Due for an Upgrade?
- Irony Alert: Synthetic Biology Could Have Avoided the Costly Recall at Whole Foods Market
- 4 Data Center REITs Yielding Over 4%: Here Is What You Need to Know About Earnings