For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Boeing's Most Dangerous Missile Just Got Twice as Dangerous
- Fresh Market Keeps Growing, but Concerns Mount About Its Future
- Is J.C. Penney Inc.'s Stock a Buy?
- Will These 3 Risks Stall Union Pacific's Growth?
- Is Starbucks Mobile Payment Vulnerable to Hackers?
- International Stocks to Survive a Stock Market Crash