For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Microsoft Just Launched a Huge Attack Against Google and Dropbox
- 4 More Reasons to Stay Away From Dave & Buster's
- Is It Time to Buy Frontier Communications Corp. Stock?
- Mac vs. Chromebook: Why I Might Switch
- Will the 2017 Audi A9 Start a Super-Sedan War?
- 5 Signs You're Paying Too Much for Your Mutual Fund