For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Polaris Industries Inc. Stock Headed North Today
- Dow Earnings Season: Boeing Aims for the Skies
- Tuesday?s Top Health Care Stocks: Herbalife, Exact Sciences, AstraZeneca, J&J
- Will Asian Turbulence Stall Airbus and The Boeing Company's Awesome Growth?
- Raytheon Builds a Fleet of Decoy Robots for the U.S. Air Force. Should Investors Welcome Our New Rob
- Facebook?s ?Buy? Is Especially Bad News for This Company