For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Bank of America Is Following the Crowd Today
- Some Numbers at Symmetry Medical that Make Your Stock Look Good
- This Metric Says You're Smart to Own MRC Global
- How Should You Be Playing Libbey?
- Some Numbers at ABIOMED that Make Your Stock Look Good
- Some Numbers at Vanguard Health Systems that Make Your Stock Look Good