For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ford: Buyers are Paying More for Our Vehicles
- Wendy's Co. Was Smart for Selling This Chain
- 3 Reasons Microsoft Corporation's Windows 10 Is a Game-Changer
- 5 Things Newmont Mining Corp.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Alphabet Inc's New Shopping Tool Is a Possible Game-Changer
- Where Will J.C. Penney Company Inc Be in 10 Years?