ROCKWOOD (NYSE: ROC) is a global developer, manufacturer and marketer of technologically advanced, high value-added specialty chemicals and advanced materials used for industrial and commercial purposes.
- Rockwood Lithium. Rockwood is the parent of Chemetall and Foote Minerals, which bills itself as the Lithium Corporation, and mines lithium carbonate in Chile.
- Chemetal Surface Treatment, specializing in the cleaning and phosphatizing of especially steel to resist corrosion
- Rockwood Pigments a supplier of pigments, especially iron oxide pigments for paints, concrete and related applications
- Sachtleben titanium dioxide pigments made in Germany and Finland.
- CeramTec high performance ceramics for application like artificial hip joints
- GOMET makes rubber, thermoplastic and polyurethane parts for the auto aftermarket. Typical applications are dust jackets for shock absorbers or replacement grease boots for steering parts.