Retirement of debt
In the case of a business, the debt no longer appears on the firm's financial statements. In the case of a mortgage, the mortgage service company issues a statement releasing the property from the mortgage lien. This statement is recorded with the county recorder of deeds.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 15 Mortgage Questions and Answers for First-Time Homebuyers
- How to Find a Default Risk Premium on a Corporate Bond
- Does Earnings Before Interest and Tax Include Interest Income and Interest Expense?
- 3 Financial Legacies Every Father Should Pass Down to His Kids
- Mortgage Rates Are Low -- So Why Aren't People Buying Homes?
- How to Calculate Pre-Tax Profit With Net Income and Tax Rate