Retirement of debt
In the case of a business, the debt no longer appears on the firm's financial statements. In the case of a mortgage, the mortgage service company issues a statement releasing the property from the mortgage lien. This statement is recorded with the county recorder of deeds.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons ConAgra Foods' Stock Could Rise
- Better Dividend Stock: Starbucks Corporation or McDonald's Corporation?
- Retire Early With These 3 Easy Steps
- We All Lose Under Current Student Loan Bankruptcy Rules
- Is Income-Based Student Loan Repayment Right for You?
- Activists Target the Nastiest Type of Student Debt