Retirement of debt
In the case of a business, the debt no longer appears on the firm's financial statements. In the case of a mortgage, the mortgage service company issues a statement releasing the property from the mortgage lien. This statement is recorded with the county recorder of deeds.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Retirement Planning Hurdles That Generation X Must Overcome
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs): Investing Essentials
- Alcoa Eyes Adding $5 Billion to the Books
- Should Investors Go Crazy for El Pollo Loco?
- Personal Financial Planning: 3 Tips for Long-Term Success
- Apple, Inc. Can't Give Away Its Cash Fast Enough