However, some mortgage lenders have been known to use teaser rates to attract business. Those rates can be far below market.
Borrowers are urged to fully investigate their interest rates before signing up for an ARM. You need to know what the monthly payments are likely to be when the teaser rate expires.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Comcast or AT&T Could Become Better Than Netflix (and Why They Won't)
- Eaton Corp. plc Earnings Results Push New Cost-Containment Efforts
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?
- Did You Apply for Social Security Too Early? Here Are Two Things You Can Do About It
- Apple Inc.'s China Business Inches Closer to Overtaking Its U.S. Business
- Was Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. Too Aggressive With Its Credit Facilities Due to Hedging?