However, some mortgage lenders have been known to use teaser rates to attract business. Those rates can be far below market.
Borrowers are urged to fully investigate their interest rates before signing up for an ARM. You need to know what the monthly payments are likely to be when the teaser rate expires.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is IBM Still a Warren Buffett Stock?
- 4 Energy Stocks I'll Be Buying If the Stock Market Crashes
- 3 Reasons Williams Partners Shares Could Fall Off a Cliff
- 3 Lessons Investors Can Learn From SodaStream Stock's Dramatic Collapse
- 3 Simple Ways to Pay Off Your Mortgage Faster
- Why 'Captain America 3' Has A Shot At Being The Biggest Movie Of All Time