Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is the Housing Sector Doomed Once Interest Rates Start Rising?
- Canada's "Next Oil Sands Miracle" a Bust
- Read This Before You Buy Bank of America
- Better Big Oil Dividend: ExxonMobil Corporation or Chevron Corporation?
- Why OvaScience Inc. is Sky-rocketing Higher Today
- 1 Key Metric Energy Investors Often Overlook