Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- H&R Block Banks On Getting Out of Banking
- Fliers Might Gripe, but High Oil Prices Have Been Good for Big Airlines
- Walter Energy Inc Is in a Race Against the Clock
- Although LINN Might Disappoint This Quarter, its Future is Extremely Bright
- How Downspacing Is Giving the Bakken Boom Longer Legs
- J&J's Headache-Relieving Earnings, Coke's Healthy Earnings in Emerging Markets, and Yahoo!'s "Turnar