Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should Walt Disney Co. Charge Demand-Based Prices at Its Parks?
- The Limits of Quantitative Easing on Show as the U.K. Deflates
- 3 Reasons You?ll Happily Pay $1 More Per Month for Netflix
- EOG Resources Inc. Has Done an Amazing Job of Finding Oil in Its Own Backyard
- Intel Corporation Earnings Preview: Will PCs Show Signs of Recovery?
- This Latest Study Suggests That Marijuana May Be in a No-Win Situation