Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Markets Still Fear the Federal Reserve
- Ford Earnings: A Tough Fourth Quarter Sets the Stage for Gains in 2015
- Fiat Chrysler Earnings: Strong Jeep Sales and a Strong Dollar Fuel Gains
- How Investors in the United States Should Think About the Events in Greece
- OPEC Chief Claims Oil Will Rebound Higher Than In 2008
- Caterpillar Inc. Moves 7% Lower After Disappointing Quarter. What Investors Need to Know