Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Seadrill Ltd Keep Afloat? The Good and Bad in First-Quarter Earnings
- Google Inc's New Twitter Feature Is a Win-Win
- The Best Stocks to Invest in Alcohol
- Why Are Broadcom Corporation and Avago Technologies Ltd Soaring Today?
- Subsidized Versus Unsubsidized Student Loans -- Explained Simply!
- How to Consolidate Debt (The Right Way)