Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Millennials Are Better Than Baby Boomers at Saving Money, Survey Shows
- Here's What Bank of America Shareholders Need to Know Right Now
- Will This Billionaire Investor Break Up Freeport-McMoRan?
- Here's Why U.S. Bancorp Buys Back So Much Stock
- Ready to Invest in Solar Energy? This Semiconductor May Be your Best Bet
- Ask a Fool: When Do You Know to Sell a Stock?