Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- McDonald's, Amazon, and Philip Morris Investors Should Pay Attention To a Strengthening Dollar
- Does CBS's $6 Billion Stock Buyback Make Sense?
- 3 Reasons Marathon Oil Corporation?s Stock Could Rise
- 2 Good Reasons to Take Another Look at Mortgage REITs
- 3 Social Security Myths You Can't Afford to Believe
- 5 Smart Money Strategies From Around the World