Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is IBM About to Make Banks Obsolete?
- 3 Things You Must Watch in NXP Semiconductors NV Earnings
- Billions of Dollars Up for Grabs in New Navy Destroyer, Sub Contracts
- The Tesla Gigafactories Are Coming. Can Global Lithium Supply Keep Up?
- The Ugly Truth Behind the Student Loan Crisis
- U.S. Bancorp CEO Predicts a "Tsunami" of Economic Activity Before Federal Reserve's Interest Rate Hi