Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Mortgage Lenders Need to Know About Your Money
- Could We Unlock More Than 267 Billion Barrels of Oil in America?
- Mortgage Interest Rates: You Have It Better Than You Realize
- 3 Things Investors Should Watch When ConocoPhillips Reports Its 2nd-Quarter Results
- Banks: Investing Essentials
- Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox One Is Entering a New $10 Billion Market