Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stocks With Monthly Dividends 2014: Atlas Resource Partners, L.P.
- Colony Financial Inc.: Is It Time to Buy This Dividend Stock?
- 5 Things Morgan Stanley's Management Wants You to Know
- The Greatest Threat to America (Hint: It's Not Ebola)
- Danger Lurking in Duke Energy Stock's Dividend Payout Ratio?
- Waste Management Earnings: Restructuring Charges Hit Results