Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- One Contrarian's Case: Why the U.S. Could Dip Into Recession
- Dow 17,000: I Am Not Exactly Celebrating
- Horizontal Drilling Is Heading Out to Sea
- Does Google Have Work to Do In the Near Term?
- Despite Earnings Beats, Netflix and Coca-Cola Sink
- Teekay LNG Partners Just Diluted Investors almost 4%: What Should Investors Do?