Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is the Dow Really Hostage to the Fed?
- Why Bank of America Is Trading Down Today
- Markets Stall as All Eyes Focus on Fed
- Why JD Sports Fashion, Micro Focus International, and The Berkeley Group Should Beat the FTSE 100 To
- Dow May Jump as Investors Wait for Fed
- M&T and Hudson City Bancorp Union Could Be Right Around the Corner