Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is the Stock Market Ready to Plunge? Here Are 3 Things to Do Right Now
- High-Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: Two Harbors Investment Corp.
- Scotland?s Oil Future Will Remain in British Hands
- High Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust
- America Still Hates Debt
- 2 Things That Still Can Lead to the American Dream