Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Every Major U.S. Bank Passes the Fed?s Stress Test
- Should You Invest With Bill Ackman?
- Will This Big Las Vegas Player Transform Into a REIT?
- Why JPMorgan Chase & Co. Shares Jumped 13% in February
- Ameresco Inc (AMRC) Q4 Earnings: 3 Signs of Steady Improvement
- 5 Things Annaly Capital Management Inc. Wants You to Know