Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Xilinx Inc., Biogen Idec Inc., and Qualcomm Incorporated Are Today?s 3 Worst Stocks
- Illumina, Inc.: How the Market's Smartest Company is Living Up to the Hype
- Inside Valeant Pharmaceuticals' Bid for Allergan
- Here's Why Apple Inc. Is a Great Value Play
- VF Corp. Earnings: Are Ambitious Growth Targets Within Reach?
- Earnings Roundup: Does Medidata's Stumble Present An Opportunity?