Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Heartware International Shares Are Crashing Today
- What New Technology Is Honda Developing With General Motors?
- What's Behind Ford's $1.8 Billion Push to Bring Green Tech to China
- GoPro Inc. Is on a Collision Course With This Drone Maker
- International Business Machines Corp Breaks New Ground With Cognitive Computing Unit
- Alphabet Inc?s Smart-Home Ambitions Are About to Pay Off