Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple, Inc. Stock Passes All-Time Highs -- 3 Lessons for Investors
- Can the Apple, Inc iWatch or Moto 360 Make Smartwatches a Success?
- Apple, Inc. Takes a Different Approach to User Data in China
- Microsoft's Xbox Smartglass App Is a Step Behind the Playstation 4
- Google Inc. Tightens Its Grip on Advertisers
- 5 Things Eli Lilly and Co's Management Wants You to Know