Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Microsoft's Mobile Strategy at All Feasible?
- Apple, Inc. iPhone 6 Leak: Is a Phablet Likely?
- National Marijuana Legalization: How Much Tax Revenue Could It Bring In?
- Why Schlumberger Is the Best Pick in Oilfield Services
- Spongy Mass Uses Sunlight to Produce Steam Efficiently
- Is Apple Preparing to Challenge Amazon's Book Business?