Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dividends That Will Last Long After You Retire
- Even Apple's Rejected Ideas Inspire Xiaomi's Plans
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- For Bank of America to Succeed, It Must Clean Up its Culture
- Why Intel Corporation's 14-Nanometer Mobile Chips Could Finally Be Game Changers
- Will Insulin Pricing Be MannKind Corporation's Downfall?