Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Amazon.com One of the Best Companies in America?
- How a Global Shortage of This Vital Resource Could Leave You in the Dark
- Believe It or Not, This Wireless Carrier Has the Worst Nationwide Network
- Smartphone Can be a Valuable Finance Tool ? if You Know How to Use It
- AT&T and Verizon Fight FCC Over Faster Broadband Requirements
- Can McDonald's Be Saved -- Again?