Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- M&T Bank's Profitability Is Declining. Should Investors Run Scared?
- Why ImmunoGen Inc. Stock Was Throttled
- 3 Cheap Growth Stocks You Could Buy Right Now
- Experts Agree: 2015 Is the Year to Take Control and Invest in Yourself
- Apple Pay Is the Catalyst for a Digital Wallet Revolution
- 3 Reasons LVMH Should Acquire Coach, Inc.