Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How 1 Company May Change Banking As We Know It
- 2 Ways Risk Takers Hurt Their Performance -- And How to Fix it
- The Real Reason Marijuana is a Dangerous Investment
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner: When Can It Churn Profits and Generate Cash Flows?
- 3D Printing Stocks: Which One Is Least Likely to Get Clobbered by Hewlett-Packard?
- The Real Reason Ford's CEO Is Betting Big on Lincoln