Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Samsung Gets Silicon Valley Backing in Its Legal Battles Against Apple
- Does Goldman Sachs Have Another Billion-Dollar Business In The Works?
- Baidu.com, Inc. Shares Slide As Third-Quarter Guidance Disappoints Wall Street
- 5 Things Biogen's Management Wants You to Know
- Apple, Inc.'s Tech Peers Back Samsung in the Patent Wars
- Is This High-Yielding Stock the Best Way to Invest in Wind?