Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Biggest Problem With Samsung?s Galaxy, Sony?s Xperia, and HTC?s One Phones
- Will The Fitbit Surge Kill The Apple Watch?
- Does This Spell the End for the Electronic Cigarette?
- Solid Bank Earnings Could Signal an Opportunity for Investors
- Can You Guess How Much Money Legalizing Marijuana Would Save?
- Stealthy, Superfast, Robotic "Ghost" Boats: Is This the Future of the U.S. Navy?