Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Apple About to Defy Steve Jobs With the ?iPad Pro??
- Will Microsoft HoloLens Succeed Where Google Glass Failed?
- Amgen, Inc. Earnings: 1 Sentence That Tells You Everything You Need to Know
- Apple Inc. Earnings: Explosive Performance on the Back of Booming iPhone 6 Sales
- VMware Inc.?s Earnings Close out a Strong Year
- OpenText Keeps Climbing Into the Cloud, but 2015 Will Be Its Real Test