Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Microsoft Kick ARM to the Curb for Intel?
- Why Facebook Will Soar Tomorrow and TripAdvisor Will Tumble
- Why Qualcomm and Cirrus Got Crushed After Earnings
- Apple's Next Big Stock Jump
- Microsoft Corporation's Earnings May Take a Back Seat to This Revolutionary Windows Announcement
- Why Priceline Group's Stock Is Up More Than 37% in the Past Year