Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Foreign Stocks: Balance Your Portfolio and Profit From Global Growth
- Why Zogenix, ImmunoGen, and voxeljet Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Could This Small-Cap Biotech's Experimental Diabetes Drug Be a Game Changer?
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Earnings: Will the Huge Surge Last?
- Why ImmunoGen Inc. Shares Took Flight
- How Both Gorilla Glass and Sapphire Can Win Covering Future Apple iPhones