Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Peter Thiel Exclusive: Why a PayPal Merger Doesn't Make Sense
- Biogen Idec inc Earnings Were Great. Here's Why the Stock Tumbled Anyway
- Intel Corporation Thinks 15% of PCs Will Feature Cellular Connections by 2018
- Why Microsoft Corporation's Windows Phone Strategy Will Pay Off
- Google Could be About to Lose Another Smartwatch Partner
- Apple Stock Financial Ratio Analysis: What You Need to Know