Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Johnson & Johnson Just Stepped Up Its Hepatitis C Game
- The Best Credit Card for Students Depends on Which Features Are Needed
- Quality Systems Soars as Earnings Double
- MannKind, Front and Center: The Best Product Doesn?t Always Equal the Best Stock
- Following Hepatitis C, This Could Be the Next Disease Researchers Cure
- Billionaires Are Flocking to These Stocks -- Should You, Too?