Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Raven Industries Inc. Reveals Another Tough Quarter
- What Investors Need to Know About Itron, Inc.'s Q3 Earnings
- The Most Important Message From Charlie Sheen's Recent HIV Admission
- Amgen Inc. Takes Aim at AbbVie Inc.
- The iPad's Market Share Continues to Collapse
- Look Out Alphabet Inc, Here Come Microsoft Corporation's Driverless Cars