Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Merck a Buy at Current Price Levels?
- Get to Know Seth Goldman of Honest Tea
- Why Senomyx, Northwest Biotherapeutics, and Boyd Gaming Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- How Investors May Be Getting Misled by Buybacks
- Beware of the Hype Around Shares of FuelCell Energy Inc
- Just How Important Is Bavituximab to Peregrine Pharmaceuticals?