Research is the process of investigating a proposed investment to decide whether or not to buy or sell. Analysts do this professionally and publish their recommendations. Individual investors need to verify that information and satisfy themselves that the information is up to date, complete and that the proposed investment fits their strategy, allocation plan, etc.
As an alternate, in the research and development laboratories maintained by many businesses based on technology, research is the process of suggesting and trying methods that might be used to resolve technology problems or create new products or services. After initial experiments suggest a proposed method will work, development is often the follow-up stage where the solution is tried on a larger scale or in a broader combination of circumstances to verify the initial finding, broaden the application, and resolve any problems encountered.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Kantar Worldpanel Brings Mixed News for Google?s Android and Apple?s iOS
- Obesity Statistics Take a Wrong Turn in This Latest Study
- Who Are The Real Winners In The Time Warner Cable/Charter Communications Deal?
- The Retirement Number Secret No One Wants to Tell You
- Did This Federal Study Just Imply That Marijuana Is Safer Than Alcohol?
- How Tier 1 Crushed the Market ? and You Can, Too