Research is the process of investigating a proposed investment to decide whether or not to buy or sell. Analysts do this professionally and publish their recommendations. Individual investors need to verify that information and satisfy themselves that the information is up to date, complete and that the proposed investment fits their strategy, allocation plan, etc.
As an alternate, in the research and development laboratories maintained by many businesses based on technology, research is the process of suggesting and trying methods that might be used to resolve technology problems or create new products or services. After initial experiments suggest a proposed method will work, development is often the follow-up stage where the solution is tried on a larger scale or in a broader combination of circumstances to verify the initial finding, broaden the application, and resolve any problems encountered.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Salesforce Plans to Expand to Europe
- Pandora Media Inc Raises Another Red Flag for Investors
- Tablet Wars: Airline Edition
- Surveillance, Political Spending, Climate Change, and Your Stocks
- Ford Burns Rubber in China, While Select Medical and Chevron Shareholders Cash In
- This 149-Bagger Has Been Selling Delta, United Continental, and J.C. Penney