Research is the process of investigating a proposed investment to decide whether or not to buy or sell. Analysts do this professionally and publish their recommendations. Individual investors need to verify that information and satisfy themselves that the information is up to date, complete and that the proposed investment fits their strategy, allocation plan, etc.
As an alternate, in the research and development laboratories maintained by many businesses based on technology, research is the process of suggesting and trying methods that might be used to resolve technology problems or create new products or services. After initial experiments suggest a proposed method will work, development is often the follow-up stage where the solution is tried on a larger scale or in a broader combination of circumstances to verify the initial finding, broaden the application, and resolve any problems encountered.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Infinera Corp. Delivers Strong Results, but the Best Is Yet to Come
- What Is CBS Thinking With Its $6-a-Month Channel?
- Core Laboratories N.V. Earnings Trump Oil Price Plunge to Hit Record High
- Wall Street Still Doesn't "Get" Chipotle Mexican Grill!
- Why Baidu Inc.?s Multiyear Stock Surge Is at Risk in 2015
- Cable Bill Too High but Not Ready to Cut the Cord? Here's What Some People Are Doing.