Research is the process of investigating a proposed investment to decide whether or not to buy or sell. Analysts do this professionally and publish their recommendations. Individual investors need to verify that information and satisfy themselves that the information is up to date, complete and that the proposed investment fits their strategy, allocation plan, etc.
As an alternate, in the research and development laboratories maintained by many businesses based on technology, research is the process of suggesting and trying methods that might be used to resolve technology problems or create new products or services. After initial experiments suggest a proposed method will work, development is often the follow-up stage where the solution is tried on a larger scale or in a broader combination of circumstances to verify the initial finding, broaden the application, and resolve any problems encountered.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Twitter Inc. Insiders Sold Over $100 Million in Shares in 3 Months
- LeapFrog Enterprises Inc. Earnings: Sales, Profits, and Cash Balances Turn Lower
- Altria Group Inc. and Philip Morris International Inc. Team Up For E-Cigarettes
- Why the Worst May Be Over for Microsoft
- Amazon.com Adds Perfect Accessory to Its Apparel Business
- This Small Company Is Taking Advantage of Intel and Micron?s Big Announcement