A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Republic Airways Holdings Inc. Stock Flew 10% Higher
- 3 Reasons Why the Rumored iPhone 6 Delay in China is No Big Deal
- Dividend Aristocrats: Time to Buy Consolidated Edison, Inc.?
- 3 Best Stocks for Investing in Biotech
- Want Solar to Succeed? Pay Your Utility Bill
- Why Amgen Inc.'s Stock Is up 23% in 2014