A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 1 Thing Successful Investors Never Do
- How Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Repurchased $17 Billion in Stock Without Issuing More Bonds
- 6 Things I Learned From the Book "Antifragile"
- 5 Things Philip Morris International's Management Wants You to Know
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc's Momentum Builds As Anti-Infection Product Line Grows
- 3 Stocks That Could Surprise This Earnings Season