A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is Industrialization?
- Stocks to Watch in Tobacco: Altria Group Inc., Philip Morris International Inc., and Reynolds Americ
- Google Inc. Could Reveal an "Internet of Things" OS Soon
- 5 Things Investors Need to Hear From Windstream Holdings Inc's Management
- Medicaid Stocks to Watch as Quality Ratings Emerge