A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How The End Of Comcast/Time Warner Cable Impacts The Cable Industry
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Outpaces AbbVie in Hepatitis C
- In This State, the Gloves Have Come Off in the War Against Tobacco
- The Best Way to Invest Money in Silicon Valley
- 3 Reasons Why AT&T?s Merger Will Succeed While Comcast?s Failed
- How Monsanto Pushed Syngenta AG (ADR) Shares 15% Higher Today