A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Death of Blackjack and What Games Are Replacing It
- 7,982,550 Reasons MGM Resorts Could Still Win in Las Vegas
- Net Neutrality Is Here, and 75% of Americans Don't Know What It Is
- 25 Major Factors That Caused or Contributed to the Financial Crisis
- Will AeroVironment Pull Out of Its Tailspin?
- Thank These 3 Stocks For February's 1,000-Point Dow Gain