A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Duke Energy Stock Has Doubled Since It Broke Up With Coal, But is the Rebound at Risk?
- Did Drug Cartels Save the Global Financial System?
- A Dream Acquisition for This High-Yield Investment
- Renewable Energy Jobs Soar, But What Does It Mean for Investors?
- Here's How Much Obamacare Premiums Could Skyrocket Without Federal Subsidies
- Why Investors Shouldn't Bet on Slot Makers