A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This News Could Burn E-Cigarette Makers
- Oil Stocks: Oil Prices May Be Down, but We're Still Looking to Buy
- M&T Bank's Profitability Is Declining. Should Investors Run Scared?
- One Lender Growing Faster Than Bank of America -- and Why That's a Bad Thing
- 3 Cheap Growth Stocks You Could Buy Right Now
- After the Surge: Is It Time to Buy Staples Stock?