A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Week's Best Deals in Dividend Stocks
- Can Whole Foods Market Get Its Growth Back?
- The Court Case that Saved Bank of America $7.6 Billion
- Will This New Marijuana Study Finally Push the Needle Towards Legalization?
- 3 Reasons Why Gas Prices Differ By State
- The Key to Healing Broken Bones May Be Found in This Illegal Drug