A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Japan About to Go Nuclear, Again?
- The Last 2 Airline Stocks Trading Below Book Value
- Why Ford Motor Company Stock Crashed -- and Why That's An Opportunity for Investors
- Why Vector Group Stock Has Soared 52% in 2014
- Big News for These 5 Stocks From ESMO
- 5 Things MasterCard Inc. Management Wants You to Know