A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Things Are About to Change in the Bakken, But These 2 Companies Aren't Worried
- 5 Things Mortgage Lenders Need to Know About Your Money
- Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox One Is Entering a New $10 Billion Market
- First Republic Bank, Hudson City Bancorp, Inc., or People's United Financial, Inc.: Who Has Better C
- IPO Alert: The Company Behind Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Self-Driving Efforts?
- Will Fox Pay What Time Warner Wants?