A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Future of Finance According to This Legendary Investor
- Does This Spell the End for the Electronic Cigarette?
- Solid Bank Earnings Could Signal an Opportunity for Investors
- Can You Guess How Much Money Legalizing Marijuana Would Save?
- Think Banks Have Gotten Safer? Think Again
- The Best Environmental Stocks: 3 Companies Profiting From a Greener Earth