A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Volkswagen's CEO: Scandal Will Force Big Spending Cuts
- Nelson Peltz's $2.5 Billion Bet on GE: What Investors Need to Know
- Could CTI BioPharma's FDA Shortcut Spell Trouble for Incyte?
- Sarepta Therapeutics vs. BioMarin Pharmaceutical: Which Company Will Win the DMD Race?
- Is Philip Morris International Facing an Industry Civil War?
- TrueCar, Inc. Soars 11% Higher Today -- What Investors Need to Consider