A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why United Continental Holdings, Fusion-io, and Eagle Rock Energy Partners Tumbled Today
- Why Xilinx Inc., Biogen Idec Inc., and Qualcomm Incorporated Are Today?s 3 Worst Stocks
- What You Should Know About Gilead's Sovaldi And Johnson & Johnson's Olysio
- Get Ready for E-Cigarettes to Light a Fire
- Inside Valeant Pharmaceuticals' Bid for Allergan
- Is Coca-Cola Trying to Juice Sales With Deceptive Labels?