A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Inc Stock Boomed
- Humira Still Key to AbbVie
- 2 Things to Consider Before Buying Huntington Bancshares
- 3 Reasons MetLife Is Wasting Its Time Fighting the FSOC
- Is Apple Supplier OmniVision Technologies, Inc. Still a Buy?
- Will Herbalife Exceed Earnings Expectations for the 22nd Consecutive Quarter?