A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 6 Dividend Stocks Every Retiree Should Consider Owning
- Las Vegas Sands in 2015: Why It's Fallen 21%
- Volkswagen Sales Are Crushed as the Diesel Scandal Hits Hard
- Can GoPro Inc's Drone and Hero 5 Cameras Save The Company?
- Could This Company Be Berkshire Hathaway's Largest "Bolt-On" Acquisition to Date?
- There's a 0.0000000000028% Chance This Drug Doesn't Work