Refinance. Refinancing is the process of replacing an existing loan with a new loan.
Often the new loan is at a lower interest rate reducing the cost of the loan.
Typically one refinances by filling out an application for a new loan. The borrowed funds are then used to pay off the old loan. But note that some loans charge extra fees for prepayment of the loan. These charges can make refinancing more costly than expected.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Clean Energy Fuels Corp. Profitable in Q4: Strong Momentum Heading Into 2015
- 3 Smarter MLPs to Buy Than LINN Energy
- Chevron Corporation Gets Drilled by Oppenheimer: Is This Your Opportunity to Buy?
- Fifth Street Finance Corp. Gets Slapped With a Downgrade From Fitch
- Copart, Inc. Q2 Sales Fall; Earnings Rise: Something Big in the Works?
- Is a MacBook Air and Apple Watch Event Around the Corner?