Refinance. Refinancing is the process of replacing an existing loan with a new loan.
Often the new loan is at a lower interest rate reducing the cost of the loan.
Typically one refinances by filling out an application for a new loan. The borrowed funds are then used to pay off the old loan. But note that some loans charge extra fees for prepayment of the loan. These charges can make refinancing more costly than expected.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Solar is Disrupting the $2 Trillion Energy Industry: This CEO Tells You How
- This Antiquated Law is Costing You an Extra $18 Billion at the Pump
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- 3 Companies Upping the Ante With CapEx Spending
- Let?s Be Honest: There?s Nothing Special about GoPro's Digital Cameras
- Oil Stocks: The Dumbest Thing You Can Do Investing in Oil