Refinance. Refinancing is the process of replacing an existing loan with a new loan.
Often the new loan is at a lower interest rate reducing the cost of the loan.
Typically one refinances by filling out an application for a new loan. The borrowed funds are then used to pay off the old loan. But note that some loans charge extra fees for prepayment of the loan. These charges can make refinancing more costly than expected.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Rising Crude Stockpiles Widen Spread Between WTI and Brent Crude
- Facebook, Inc. Earnings Today: 4 Metrics to Watch
- How the Dow Is Getting Help From Bond-Market Strength
- Keystone XL Pipeline Delayed Again: What Companies Will Suffer?
- 1 Under-the-Radar MLP I'm Strongly Considering Buying
- Why Amazon Acquired ComiXology