In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Week in Biotech: Diabetes Patients Chalk Up 2 Impressive Victories
- In Case You Missed It: GlaxoSmithKline Just Had a Phenomenal Week!
- The Biggest Biotech Wins of the Week
- Does Pfizer Offer Good Value?
- The Cost to Treat Cholesterol Plummets, But Will It Last?
- Can This Drug Be a Game Changer for Eli Lilly?