In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Clovis Oncology's Loss Could Be a Win for AstraZeneca
- Why Juno Therapeutics Inc. Jumped 26% in October
- Here's Why Clovis Oncology's Stock Is Getting Pummeled Today
- Why Five Prime Therapeutics Rocketed 109% Higher in October
- These 2 Companies Could Revolutionize Heart Disease Prevention
- Does Kite Pharma's Stock Still Have Room to Run After Climbing 19% in October?