In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Biotech Stocks Bucking the Stock Market Crash
- 3 Biotech Stocks That Could Be Buyout Targets
- This Is a Concern That Amgen Investors Shouldn't Take Lightly
- Is Esperion's Good News Actually Bad?
- Kite Reassures Investors, Yet Shares Slip -- What Gives?
- George Soros' Fund Just Abandoned This Promising Cancer-Fighting Technology: Should You?