In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Lung Cancer Treatment Gets Personal
- How Much Could Exelixis Really Be Worth?
- The Coming Clash of Big Biotechs: Biogen vs. Celgene
- Can You Guess Which Surprising Company Is Trying to Become a Cardiovascular Drug Giant?
- Which Big Pharma Will Grab the Lion?s Share of the Cancer Immunotherapy Market?
- Could These Drugs Wind Up Bankrupting Medicare?