In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Legal Marijuana: What's Really At Stake With Today's Vote
- Merck & Co., Inc. Earnings: Patent Losses and Competition Weigh on Sales
- Medical Marijuana: Do the Benefits to Treat Pain Outweigh the Risks?
- 3 Beaten Down Biotech Stocks to Buy Now
- Can This 1 Breast Cancer Drug Turn Pfizer Inc. Into a Growth Stock?
- A Quick Look at Merck & Co. Inc.'s Drug Development Pipeline