Real estate agent
The seller signs a listing agreement specifing the commission to be paid, the term of the listing, and other details of the arrangement. The realtor representing the buyer is also paid a commission as specified in the listing agreement.
The listing agent works with the seller to get the property ready to sell and to market the home with a listing in Realtor.com, advertizing, open house, and similar techniques.
When an offer is received, the realtors work with their clients to try to reach an agreement. Once a completed contract is signed, the agents then work to keep the deal together though necessary inspections, appraisal, adjustments, and approvals.
Finally at the close, the buyer brings a check, and both realtors and the seller get paid.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why You Should Never Buy a Home on the First of the Month
- Zillow Group, Inc. Builds Another Strong Quarter
- What to Expect When Zillow Group, Inc. Reports Earnings
- What Potential Homebuyers (and Sellers) Need to Know About Pocket Listings
- Are We at a Tipping Point for Zillow Group Inc.?
- Wildfires Hit First American Financial Earnings