The Proxy Statement: DEF-14A The proxy statement is the notice of the annual general meeting of shareholders filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For researchers, it is an essential addition to the 10-K in that it gives us an insight into the workings and intentions of senior executives and the board of directors. The proxy includes the names of directors standing for election, shareholder proposals for vote, and the appointment of auditors. It is here that you will find the reports of the board's compensation and audit committees, and details of executive compensation. A proxy can sometimes be filed within an 8-K report.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Homebuilders' Recovery Means Recovery in Their CEOs' Pay
- Carl Icahn Is Buying eBay Inc. Hand Over Fist. Should You?
- 3 Ways AT&T's DIRECTV Buyout Might Fail
- Want to Get Your Financial Life in Order? Pretend You?ve Had Bypass Surgery
- Playing With Fire: A Framework for Predicting Failure
- Tennant Company Stock Keeps Cleaning Up