The Proxy Statement: DEF-14A The proxy statement is the notice of the annual general meeting of shareholders filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For researchers, it is an essential addition to the 10-K in that it gives us an insight into the workings and intentions of senior executives and the board of directors. The proxy includes the names of directors standing for election, shareholder proposals for vote, and the appointment of auditors. It is here that you will find the reports of the board's compensation and audit committees, and details of executive compensation. A proxy can sometimes be filed within an 8-K report.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wisdom from Warren Buffett?s Golden Anniversary Letter
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. Earnings: More Than Just a Record Quarter for Apple iPhone
- Is CEO Reed Hastings Betting on Big Gains For Netflix Inc. Stock in 2015?
- Can DISH Network Stop the Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger?
- Amazon?s Next Big Target: Netflix
- 3 Lessons the Richest Man in the World Learned From Warren Buffett