The Proxy Statement: DEF-14A The proxy statement is the notice of the annual general meeting of shareholders filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For researchers, it is an essential addition to the 10-K in that it gives us an insight into the workings and intentions of senior executives and the board of directors. The proxy includes the names of directors standing for election, shareholder proposals for vote, and the appointment of auditors. It is here that you will find the reports of the board's compensation and audit committees, and details of executive compensation. A proxy can sometimes be filed within an 8-K report.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Does America Hate Wall Street but Love Silicon Valley?
- Gold Could Be About to See a Correction, and These Miners Are a Great Way to Play It
- The NRA Reveals Who's to Blame for Ammo Shortage: You
- Is Icahn Moving His Sights From Apple to Chesapeake Energy?
- Why Are High-Level Executives Fleeing Annaly Capital Management, Inc.?
- DryShips, Inc. Floats Higher Today but the Sharks Are Still Circling