The Proxy Statement: DEF-14A The proxy statement is the notice of the annual general meeting of shareholders filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For researchers, it is an essential addition to the 10-K in that it gives us an insight into the workings and intentions of senior executives and the board of directors. The proxy includes the names of directors standing for election, shareholder proposals for vote, and the appointment of auditors. It is here that you will find the reports of the board's compensation and audit committees, and details of executive compensation. A proxy can sometimes be filed within an 8-K report.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Metric General Motors Company Investors Need to Get Familiar With
- Who Are The Real Winners In The Time Warner Cable/Charter Communications Deal?
- Netflix Inc. Stock Split: It's No Big Deal
- Is Shareholder Dissent With Caterpillar, Inc.'s Executive Compensation Justified?
- Form 10-K: The Most Important Thing You'll Never Read
- Did CBS Corporation's Showtime Just Give Netflix Inc. the Go-Ahead To Raise Streaming Prices?