A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can the Dow Climb Higher on Consumer Strength? Earnings Say Yes
- Coca-Cola's Results Are Hard to Swallow
- 3 Dividend Paying Stocks: Let?s Go Shopping For Malls
- Rite Aid Is on the Right Track
- Why PepsiCo Is Better as a Single, Diversified Company Rather Than Two Separate Companies
- Which Retailer Will Win the Battle for Frugal Consumers?