A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Judge's New Menthol Ruling Could Help Lift Tobacco Merger
- Here's How McDonald's Plans to Get Itself Back on Track
- Coca-Cola, SeaWorld, and Starbucks: 3 Companies on The Move
- Customers Agree, Bank of America Needs Better Customer Service
- Warren Buffett's Billion-Dollar Gift That Keeps On Giving
- Does America Still Run on Dunkin'?