A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Primer on Student Car Insurance Discounts
- Ralph Lauren Wants a Piece of This $9.2 Billion Market
- Why Taking the PepsiCo-Anheuser-Busch InBev Relationship a Big Step Further Makes Sense
- Tim Cook Admits Apple's $30 Billion Business Is Slowing
- Warren Buffett's Best Wealth-Building Advice for You
- Abercrombie & Fitch Says "No No" to Its Logo