A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- China, China, China! Coffee, Coffee, Coffee! Oh, and Tea, Too: Starbucks' Future Summed Up
- Apple Inc. Might Be Launching New Macs Really Soon
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Delivers Growth and High Margins
- Strong U.S. Dollar, Milder Winter Help Canadian National Railway Stay on Track in Q1
- Rogers Communications Inc. Dials Up Weak Earnings
- International Business Machines Corp. Delivers a Mixed Q1 Amid Heavy Headwinds