A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Things Walt Disney Co Investors Will Be Watching in 2015
- 3 Takeaways From Gartner?s Q3 Mobile Phone Sales Report
- Why Shares of Transocean (RIG) Popped 13% Today
- Why Halcon Resources Corp. Surged 16% on Wednesday
- Microsoft, Apple, and Amazon Unite Against a Common Foe
- Why Emerge Energy Services LP (EMES) Popped 13% Today