A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Twitter, Inc. Under Dick Costolo's Leadership: Better Than You Think
- 3 Reasons Apple Inc. Wants an OLED iPhone By 2018
- Ford Motor Company: How Chickens Could Take a Bite Out of its F-Series Cash Cow
- Why Nissan Motor Co.'s 2016 Sentra Is a Bad Sign for the Competition
- A $1 Billion Bet on Cancer Cures
- Exotic Mortgage Loans Are Making a Comeback: Should We Be Worried?