A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How a Strong Dollar Affects Gold Stocks
- Biotech Investment Opportunities for the Long Term
- Is How Whole Foods Market Treats Its Employees the Competitive Edge It Once Was?
- Will Google Inc.'s New YouTube "Buy" Buttons Work?
- Amgen Inc: Why You Shouldn't Count Chickens Before They Hatch
- How Will Takata's Airbag Recall Covering 34 Million Vehicles Impact U.S. Consumers?