A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Biogen Idec Inc Earnings: Worth the Wait
- Why Google Inc. Earnings Missed the Mark
- Cameron International Corporation's Earnings Leave Cause for Concern in 2015
- Align Technology Misses the Mark With Q4 Report
- Gotcha, Wall Street! Falling Oil Prices Boost Dow Chemical Company Earnings
- 5 Things Verizon Communications Inc's Management Wants You to Know