A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Listening to Yellen Cost You 80%
- Did Researchers Just Unlock the Secret to Fighting Parkinson's Disease?
- Why July Will Be an Exciting Month for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Amgen's Single Most Important FDA Decision of 2015 Is Nearly Here
- Gilead Sciences Spent $125 Million to Get This Drug on the Market 4 Months Early
- Exelixis to Investors: "Wait for It... No, Seriously, Wait for It!"