A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Drug Development Process Explained in Detail and How It Impacts Your Investments
- The Reason Behind Sarepta Therapeutics Inc.'s Sinking Stock Price
- 3 Surprising Biotech Stocks That Are Surging Higher
- Biotech Investment Opportunities for the Long Term
- Big Pharma Giant AbbVie Inc. Took Off in April -- Here's Why
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Outpaces AbbVie in Hepatitis C