A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- If This Biotech Drops Much Further I'm Going to Buy It!
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. Feeling Sovaldi Pressure From All Sides
- 1 Experimental Breast Cancer Drug You Need to Know
- Top Health Care Stories: The Medicines Company, Eli Lilly, and GlaxoSmithKline
- Where are They Now? Biotech IPO Class of 2013, March Edition
- Geron, Zogenix, Synta Pharmaceuticals, and Pfizer: Today?s Top Health Care Stories