In investing price is most often determined by supply and demand on the market in question. Some prices are negotiated between buyer and seller. In some cases to facilitate an orderly market, a bid ask price is set by a specialist or market maker.
- Ask price
- Bid price
- Market maker
- Negotiated price
- Price war
- Spot price
- Stock price
- Strike price
- Supply and demand
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Hey, Apple, What About Those iPads?
- $13 Billion Bold Play: Zimmer Holdings, Inc's Purchase of Biomet
- Why Shares of Under Armour, Inc. Were Looking Weak
- Entergy Corporation Exceeds Q1 Earnings on Cold Weather
- Long-Term Mortgage Rates Rise; ARM Prices Hold Steady
- Is Stratasys, Ltd. Printing Pain for Current Investors?