In investing price is most often determined by supply and demand on the market in question. Some prices are negotiated between buyer and seller. In some cases to facilitate an orderly market, a bid ask price is set by a specialist or market maker.
- Ask price
- Bid price
- Market maker
- Negotiated price
- Price war
- Spot price
- Stock price
- Strike price
- Supply and demand
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What to Watch at International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) in 2015
- Is Dollar Tree Inc.'s Stock Still a Buy?
- Will CalAmp Earnings Build on Last Quarter's Success?
- Could Low Oil Prices Affect Boeing's Order Book?
- More Signs Apple, Inc.'s Mobile Payment Service Is a Success
- Transocean LTD Scraps Rigs in an Effort to Rightsize its Fleet