1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Energy Companies That Will Do Well Despite Low Oil Prices
- Kinder Morgan Inc.'s 3 Most Important Numbers
- Why Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation Stock Jumped Today
- 7 Top Stocks to Buy In July
- 4 Industries Where Mergers and Acquisitions May Become the Norm
- E3 2015: What Electronic Arts Inc. Wants You to Know