1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Actavis to Acquire Warner Chilcott in $8.5 Billion Deal
- Can Congress Get Natural Gas Pipe in the Ground?
- American Express Stock Won't Succumb to a Sluggish Dow
- Stocks Stuck in Neutral After Hitting All-Time Highs
- Tackling Cancer: Leukemia's Biggest Current and Upcoming Players
- Statin Users May Have a Reason to Rejoice After This Data