1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Akorn, Inc. Sky-rocketed Higher Today
- 3 Energy Stocks That Are Lean, Mean, Dividend Machines
- NxStage Medical Looks Healthy as Home Dialysis Grows
- 3 Apple Projects to Watch in 2015
- "Profitability" in Sight for BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- SunPower Earnings Shine Light on Value, Profit, and Potential with New YieldCo