1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Despite the Progress, SandRidge Energy Inc. Still Has a Long Way to Go
- Could CTI BioPharma's FDA Shortcut Spell Trouble for Incyte?
- Why I Finally Bought More of Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Williams Companies' Megamerger Finally Official: What Dividend Investors Need to Know
- 3 Biotech Stocks That Have Been Unfairly Beaten Down
- Why Revolutionary Cancer Vaccine Maker Inovio Pharmaceuticals Was Crushed in September