A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Barrick Gold Digs Itself Into Another Hole Over Compensation
- Where Verizon's New Cable TV Options Fall Short
- 2 Oversold Stocks in Retail Poised for a Turnaround
- 7 Things I Learned From Attending the World's Largest 3D Printing Conference
- U.S. Bancorp CEO Predicts a "Tsunami" of Economic Activity Before Federal Reserve's Interest Rate Hi
- Can WhatsApp Become Bigger Than Facebook Inc?