A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Monsanto Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Dividend Stocks With Century-Long Dividend Streaks
- Is Now the Time to Bet on Macau Gaming Stocks Wynn Resorts and Melco Crown?
- 1 More Reason Apple Inc. Shouldn?t Ditch Intel Corporation in the MacBook
- For Amazon Investors, Ignorance Is Bliss
- These Stocks Pay Big Yields With Barely More Risk Than Bonds