A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ocwen Financial Takes an Earnings Hit, but Stays Upbeat
- ADP Earnings Fail to Impress, but Strong New Business Bookings Bode Well for Future Growth
- LinkedIn Gets a Boost From Lynda.com as Q2 Revenue, Earnings Beat Estimates
- Why Genocea Biosciences Inc Stock Dropped Today
- BorgWarner Misses Estimates Again, Lowers Guidance
- Here's Why Shares of Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. Are Down 12% Today