A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Is a Monster and Infiniti Needs to Build It
- Is This the Start of the Nuclear Renaissance?
- Government Money Meant to Save Houses Is Being Used to Destroy Them
- Is the Government Lying About the Housing Recovery?
- Wal-Mart and Food Delivery: Quietly Preparing for Success
- Target: Opportunity or Still in the Cellar?