A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Richard Branson Built a $5 Billion Fortune From Scratch
- McDonald's Botches ?MythBusters? Social Media Blitz
- The Worst Investing Move You Can Make Right Now
- Almost Ready to Retire? Here Are 6 Things That Can Derail Your Plan
- You'll Never Guess Who Google Considers Its Biggest Competitor
- Get Your Market Beating Stock Tip Here