A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Out of 12 Big Pharma Stocks, This is the 1 You Can Confidently Hold for the Next 10 Years
- 3 Things Apple Inc's Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Wants You To Know
- Will Apple TV and Dish's Sling TV Kill Netflix Inc.?
- 3 Oil Stocks Wall Street Is Wrong About
- 10 Things Everyone Should Know About Solar Energy
- 3 Reasons Why The Walt Disney Company Is Brilliant