A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Netflix, Inc.'s Bizarre New Friend
- Is a Payment Service From Apple, Inc. Imminent?
- 5 of Last Week's Biggest Losers
- 3 New Issues IPO Investors Need to Know About for This Week
- The Pitfalls of Longevity Annuities in 401(k)s
- Irony Alert: Synthetic Biology Could Have Avoided the Costly Recall at Whole Foods Market