A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Southern Company Earnings: What the Dollars Don't Tell You
- Deep Dive On What Facebook Stock Investors Need To Know This Week
- Trulia Inc. Q3 Earnings: Ready For The Buyout
- 5 Ways Landlords Can Achieve Better Tenant Stability
- 5 Things Visa Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- MasTec Inc.'s Third-Quarter Earnings Show Expected Progress and Promise a Better 2015