A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wisdom from Warren Buffett?s Golden Anniversary Letter
- Low Oil Prices: You'd Be Surprised Which 2 Companies Are Looking to Clean Up
- The Truth About Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc: More Calories Than McDonald's Corporation?
- Will Samsung Pay Be an Apple Pay Killer?
- Should Apple Be Worried About the "Flip Phone Revival" in This Key Market?
- The Reality of A.I. and Its Future