A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Altria's Q2 Results Illustrate Company's Long-Term Value
- Visa Sinks the Dow Jones
- Underpants, Ground Beef, and Car Dealerships: A History of Leucadia National
- How Ford Motor Company Turned a Profit in Europe and Where It Goes From Here
- An Interview with Markel's Tom Gayner
- Why Qualcomm, Inc. Is Still a Long-Term Buy