A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks Near 52-Week Highs Worth Selling
- Will Apple Join the Dow Jones Industrial Average?
- Girls Are Ditching Barbie for American Girl, Spelling Bad News for Mattel
- Why iRobot Corporation Stock Plummeted 10% Despite Its Earnings Beat
- Zillow, Move, or Trulia: Which Company Has the Most Upside Potential?
- Is General Electric Company on the Cusp of Its Biggest Deal Ever?