A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Solar is Disrupting the $2 Trillion Energy Industry: This CEO Tells You How
- Kinder Morgan's Merger Will Keep its Dividend Safe For Years to Come
- 1 Must-Watch Interview for 3D Systems Corporation and Stratasys, Ltd. Investors
- Wal-Mart vs. Amazon: Will Price Matching Decide the Holiday Winner?
- Geospace Technologies Earnings Fall Victim to Big Oil's Spending Habits
- 5 Things Mondelez International Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know