A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Family Dollar on the Wrong Path?
- Will Apple and Google Join the Tech Free Fall?
- Yahoo!: Growth at Last (And Don't Forget Alibaba!)
- 3D Systems Corporation: 1 Likely Contributor to Its Stock Price Fall That You Might Not Be Aware Of
- Fool's Gold Report: 1 Year Later, Gold Still Feels Echoes From Its Crash
- How Tax Reform Will Affect These 2 Stocks