A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Another Major Qualcomm Chip Customer May Be Going In-House
- Best Investment Companies: Things You Need to Know Before Picking
- 7 Dividend Myths That Are Just Plain Wrong
- 7 Reasons Buying a Home Now Is a Smart Move
- 3 Money-Saving Tips When You're Earning Minimum Wage
- New iPhone Launch: Big Choices Ahead for Apple, Inc.