A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How to Invest in Bank Stocks the Warren Buffett Way
- T-Mobile's Latest Un-Carrier Push: Rollover Data
- Now Is the Right Time to Buy Google Stock: Here Is Why
- Have You Heard the One About the $72 Million High School Stock Picker?
- Why Kinder Morgan Inc. Still Loves its Oil Business
- 3 Best Turnaround Stories of 2014