Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Colorado Might Rewrite the Rules of Healthcare in 2016
- Did You Miss These Top Stories in Healthcare?
- 5 Smart Money Moves to Make Before the Holidays
- 5 Shocking Findings From the Latest National Survey on Social Security
- Who's Ready to Kiss These 2 Lucrative Social Security Loopholes Goodbye?
- The 2016 Social Security Crisis Was Temporarily Averted