Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- These Social Security Fixes Simply Won't Work
- Is This Social Security Fix Actually the Best Choice?
- How Obama's Budget Plans to Spend Your Money
- Here's How You Fix Social Security
- Facebook Inc. Earnings: Profiting From Mobile Growth
- 3 Surprising Facts About Social Security That Every American Needs to Know