Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Tax Deductions Single Filers Can Take Advantage Of
- Social Security Reform: A New Step Forward, or More of the Same?
- Lawmakers Propose Sweeping Changes to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and Obamacare
- Tax Deductions for Charitable Contributions: What Qualifies and How Much Should You Claim?
- The Medicare Number That Should Shock You the Most
- 5 Things Costco Wholesale Corporation Management Wants You to Know