Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Social Security: Why the Nazi Controversy Matters More Than You Think
- Open Enrollment Time: 2 Ways You Can Save Money in 2015
- These 7 U.S. States Have No Income Tax
- When Is Social Security Taxable?
- Ford Motor Company Earnings: Profits Down on New Product Costs
- Why Cisco Systems, Inc. Isn't Crazy to Spend $7.5 Billion on Share Buybacks