Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Money Moves to Make In December
- 10 Smart Money Moves to Make Before 2015
- Don't Let Social Security's Shortfall Ruin Your Retirement
- 3 Major Changes Congress Wants to Make to Social Security
- American Express Wants You to Spend Even More This Weekend
- Will Obama's Immigration Plan Be A Big Win For Wal-Mart?