A paycheck is the payment received by an employee as wages or salary for services rendered. The gross pay amount is reduced by withholding tax, payments for benefits, and sometimes other payroll deductions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 6 Ways You Can Live a Happy Financial Life
- Why I'm Done With Financial Goals
- Your 2013 Tax Bill Probably Went Up. Here's Why.
- 5 Most Important Priorities When Choosing an Apartment
- Expert Advice for Students Filing Taxes for the First Time
- How to Plan for Retirement: An Interview With Carrie Schwab-Pomerantz