A paycheck is the payment received by an employee as wages or salary for services rendered. The gross pay amount is reduced by withholding tax, payments for benefits, and sometimes other payroll deductions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Does Rashard Mendenhall?s Early Retirement Reveal About the Business of Pro Football?
- Do the Big Banks Not Want Small Customers?
- Globalization -- the irreversible course
- The Unspoken Truth About Payday Lenders
- Banks Got Their Yearly Report Card This Week
- Today's Jobs Numbers Are Good Enough for the Dow, but not Great for the Economy