A paycheck is the payment received by an employee as wages or salary for services rendered. The gross pay amount is reduced by withholding tax, payments for benefits, and sometimes other payroll deductions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Unspoken Truth About Payday Lenders
- Banks Got Their Yearly Report Card This Week
- Today's Jobs Numbers Are Good Enough for the Dow, but not Great for the Economy
- Baseball Myths: Should Your Best Hitter Still Be Batting Third?
- ?12 Years a Slave? Wins Best Picture Oscar: 3 Lessons for Hollywood
- U.S. Consumer Confidence Ticks up in February