A paycheck is the payment received by an employee as wages or salary for services rendered. The gross pay amount is reduced by withholding tax, payments for benefits, and sometimes other payroll deductions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Average American Is Just Plain Wrong on Social Security
- 10 Quick Steps to Plan for Retirement in Your 30s
- 5 Beaten-Down Consumer Goods Stocks Still Worthy of Your Portfolio
- 1 Big Reason To Believe in Whole Foods Market, Inc.'s Turnaround
- Bernie Sanders Wants to Give America a Raise -- but Is His Proposal Viable?
- 7 States With No Income Tax (and 2 More With Almost No Income Tax)