They are sometimes called SARE (Sales, Administration, Research and Engineering). They include:
- Research and development, engineering, IT
- Depreciation and amortization
- Selling, general, and administrative costs. These include:
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Deep Holiday Discounts Hurt Profit Margins at Macy's and Target?
- Delta Air Lines, Inc. Tweaks Its Aircraft Plans
- Is Cisco Systems Inc. the Best Growth-and-Income Stock in Tech?
- 2016 Will Also Be the Year of FANG
- 5 Key Things J.C. Penney Needs You to Know
- What If This Isn't a Chipotle Buying Opportunity?