Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Desperate to Boost Oil Production, Venezuela Moves to Devalue Currency
- Price of Gold in 2013: Is This Year's $475 Plunge Just the Beginning?
- For Your Next Catering Event, Call Chipotle?
- Are Virtual Reality Headsets About to Change the Way the World Sees Games?
- Navy Orders More JSOW Glide Bombs From Raytheon
- The 1 Thing You Must Do to Make 2014 a Great Year