Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Tableau Software Shares Sank 4% Yesterday
- Hong Kong Rides China's Rebound to Jump 4.5% for the Week
- 1,500 Jobs Gone -- Should Shareholders be Worried About ConAgra Foods Inc.?
- Williams' Shares Sunk 20% in September; Here's Why
- 5 Tax Breaks for the Self-Employed
- Private Equity Makes a Big Splash, Buys Up Biotech Lab Space