Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Investors Shouldn't Bet on Slot Makers
- 3 Ways to Pay Off Your Debt the Right Way
- How Should Airlines Use Their Potential Windfalls from Fuel Savings?
- Social Security: The Truth Behind Why the Government Wants to Pay You More to Wait
- McDonald's Inc. CEO Is Out, but Should Investors Rush In?
- The Worst Is Yet to Come for This Bank