Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Could This New Billion-Dollar Industry Put Banks Out Of Business?
- Why Shares of Windstream Holdings, Inc. Both Popped and Plunged Today
- IPG Photonics Looks to Keep Earnings Laser-Hot
- The Internet of Things is About to Solve Biotech's Oldest Problem
- 5 Things Starbucks Corporation Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Money Mistakes to Avoid Once You Reach Full Retirement Age