Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Boeing Company Progress Report: Boeing Orders Soar Up, Up, and Away
- Billionaire Carl Icahn's Stock Buys: The Breakup Master Strikes Again
- Did Audi Just Bridge Tesla Motors' Moat?
- International Space Station to Boeing: "We're Ready for Liftoff"
- The 3 Best Airline Stocks for Your Portfolio
- This Key Market Signal Says Oil Is Heading to $60 a Barrel