Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Take J.C. Penney?s ?Turnaround? With a Large Grain of Salt
- Dow Drops 67 Points on a Momentum-Crushing Day; Why Goldman, JPMorgan Should Worry
- Will This Huge Recall Sink General Motors' Stock?
- Why Salesforce.com May Be a House of Cards
- Intel?s Missing Chip
- Did This News Item Break Facebook's "Analyst Rally"?