Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What is an Escrow Account?
- 5 Reasons Your Health Insurance Premium Will Likely Rise in 2016
- The Best Business Model in Biotech
- The Typical American Has This Much In Home Equity -- How About You?
- Risk Averse? Kiss Retirement Goodbye
- 3D Printing News: Expert Reveals Greatest Challenges Prohibiting Adoption