Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Seattle Genetics, Inc. Posts Record Adcetris Sales
- National Oilwell Varco Earnings Keep the Good Times Going
- 5 Things McKesson Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- What Is Chipotle Stock Worth? Maybe Less Than You Think.
- Johnson Controls Earnings: How the Restructuring Is Starting to Pay Off
- Delta Air Lines Inc. vs. American Airlines Group Inc: Which Is a Better Investment?