Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon's Deal With the United States Postal Service Could Hold the Key to the Mail Deliverer?s Futur
- Harley-Davidson Owners Recall When Their Bikes Didn't Need So Many Repairs
- Why the Apple iPhone 6 Plus Will Be a Success
- 2 Things Target Corporation Dividend Investors Need to Know
- Cintas Corporation is Looking Sharp While Outgrowing Earnings Estimates
- Does Keurig Green Mountain's $1 Billion Buyback Make Sense?