Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Could T-Mobile Really Pass AT&T in Mobile Subscribers?
- Is Walmart One of the Best Companies in America?
- HBO vs. Netflix: Can the Streaming Leader Be Taken Down?
- How Sony Could Shake Up the Cable Industry
- 3 Reasons Edwards Lifesciences Corp.'s Stock Could Fall
- Social Security: Older Couples Face a Terrifying Divorce Trap