Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Bank Foreclosures Can Be a Bargain, but Be Careful
- Can the Xbox One Survive Against the PS4 and Wii U in Japan?
- The Great Engine Wars: A Trend Towards Single Suppliers
- Home Depot Manages to Avoid Unprofitable Promotions
- Toyota Bets Against Tesla With New Hydrogen Car
- Home Depot?s Comparable Store Sales Performance and Expectations