Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why HP, Abengoa, and Petroleo Brasileiro Slumped Today
- 3 Stocks to Buy Before the Holidays
- How Intel Corp. Is Shuffling Around Its Spending
- Dycom?s Fiscal Q1 Earnings Crush Analysts? Estimates
- What Will It Take for Intel Corp.?s Mobile Group to Reach Profitability?
- Apple Music Comes to Alphabet's Android