An option ARM is another variety of an adjustable rate mortgage with a teaser interest rate. In this variant the borrower has the option to select between several payment schedules when the ARM resets. One of them probably includes a balloon payment.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Second Major Success in the Sharing Economy -- Airbnb Wins a $25 Billion Valuation
- 8 Reasons Your Social Security Disability Claim Was Rejected
- Exelixis' Meteroric Rise From the Ashes
- Did Researchers Just Unlock the Secret to Fighting Parkinson's Disease?
- Microsoft Corp. Reportedly Launching New Surface Tablet This Fall
- Facebook Inc. Sings A New Tune