An option ARM is another variety of an adjustable rate mortgage with a teaser interest rate. In this variant the borrower has the option to select between several payment schedules when the ARM resets. One of them probably includes a balloon payment.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 8 Common Refinance Mistakes
- Are Degrees From For-Profit Colleges Worth the Paper They're Printed On?
- Can Bombardier?s New Planes Reverse Its Sales Slide in the Light Jet Market?
- Defense News Roundup: FBI Gets "Black Helicopters," U.S. Missiles Head to the Baltics
- With Shares Down 31% In 2014, Is it Time to Buy FireEye Inc?
- Redbox Instant Collapses: Can Anyone Pose a Threat to Netflix Inc. and Amazon.com?