An option ARM is another variety of an adjustable rate mortgage with a teaser interest rate. In this variant the borrower has the option to select between several payment schedules when the ARM resets. One of them probably includes a balloon payment.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Food Industry Gets Messy With Recent M&A Activity
- Get Ready For the New Gun Sales Boom
- What Does Netflix Inc's 7-for-1 Stock Split Really Mean?
- Forget Mortgage Prequalification: Here?s a Better Option
- An Investor's Guide to the Top 10 Military Helicopters
- 5 Gadgets Under $100 That Will Blow Your Mind