An option ARM is another variety of an adjustable rate mortgage with a teaser interest rate. In this variant the borrower has the option to select between several payment schedules when the ARM resets. One of them probably includes a balloon payment.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wells Fargo is Losing Speed in Auto Lending
- Microsoft Investors Should Be Thrilled That the Surface Mini Is Dead
- Why Gilead Stock's Newest Drug Approval Isn't a Gamechanger
- What Is Vignale, and Is It Ford Motor Company's Answer in Its Troubled European Region?
- This 1 Sentence Piqued My Interest in the Upcoming IPO of a General Electric Company Business
- The Pros and Cons of Adjustable-Rate Mortgages