Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Recall Costs Clobber General Motors Earnings Again
- What Can We Expect When 3D Systems Corporation Reports Q2 Earnings on Thursday?
- After Major Slump, Is Now the Right Time to Buy These Refiners?
- Is PepsiCo the Top Stock to Own Right Now?
- What Do Short-Sellers Have Against These 3 Companies?
- Weatherford International Rebuilding Trust, but Needs to Rebuild the Business