Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Digging Into Intel?s Data Center Results
- Why Monster Worldwide Shares Popped Thursday
- Why Ferro Corporation's Stock Dropped 18% Today
- Procter & Gamble Cuts Costs, but Sales Disappoint
- PotashCorp Climbs on Record Offshore Shipments Despite Earnings Headwinds
- 5 Things Southwest Airlines Co. Management Wants You to Know