Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Panera Bread?s $200 Million Bet Can Pay Off for You
- What You Need to Know About Brokerage Account Transfers
- Invest in Companies You Love: Costco, Apple, and CarMax
- Warren Buffett Thinks This is The Most Important Business in Our Economy
- Solazyme and Amyris Can Cut Energy Consumption Without Producing a Drop of Fuel
- Exporting Oil Will Lower Your Gasoline Bill?