Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Most Important Number You Need to Know Before Buying Transocean LTD Stock
- Southwest Airlines Co. Earnings: Even Better Under the Surface
- Which Major Cable Company Has the Most Fed Up Customers?
- United Airlines Books Its Highest Quarterly Profit Yet
- Why Shares of BJ's Restaurants, Inc. Are On Fire Today
- Read This Before Buying GoPro Stock