Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Growth Catalysts for NVIDIA Corporation in 2015
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Rite Aid Corporation Delivers A Huge Win
- 3 Takeaways From United Technologies Corporation's Investor Day
- Zalando SE?s first quarterly report: Straight A?s
- Can Boeing's 777 Hold the Fort Till the 777X Takes Flight?