Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why You Should Avoid Micron Technology Inc.'s Stock
- Starz Stock Is Getting Scarier -- and That's a Good Thing
- Exciting News Positions IGI Laboratories Inc for Even More Fast Growth
- Why Molson Coors Brewing Company Stock Popped Today
- Tuning In to Netflix, Inc. Earnings: Here's What to Watch on Wednesday
- 3 Tech Stocks That Could Surprise This Earnings Season