Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 6 Dividend Stocks Every Retiree Should Consider Owning
- Why Did Ralph Lauren Corp. Stock Jump 12% in November?
- 5 Things Lowe's Companies Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Does Amazon.com Have a Leg Up on Competitors or Not?
- Could This Company Be Berkshire Hathaway's Largest "Bolt-On" Acquisition to Date?
- 5 Things EOG Resources Inc.?s CEO Wants You to Know