Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Facebook, Inc. Stock: 3 Reasons Not to Sell After Gaining 85% in 1 Year
- 3 Reasons Microsoft Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- Big Lots Boosts Sales but Still Has Far to Go in Its Recovery
- Why Royal Gold, Inc Stock Has Skyrocketed 67% in 2014
- 5 Things ConAgra Foods Management Wants You to Know
- Environmentally Friendly Fracking Fluids: The Next Energy Breakthrough?